Mazda5 Wheel Fitment & Photo Guide

That really is a nice looking wheel. It doesn't look too bad without the tire, but once you install the tire and lower the jack that'll be when you'll have clearance issues. The back of the wheel looks like it almost touching the strut, but it's really hard to tell at that angle.

Just as I thought, it does stick out a bit and the rear will sit flush, if not a little past flush. Which means you'll definitely have to roll your fenders. Lowering might be out of the question, unless you give it some negative camber.

Thanks for the update.

That really is a nice looking wheel. It doesn't look too bad without the tire, but once you install the tire and lower the jack that'll be when you'll have clearance issues. The back of the wheel looks like it almost touching the strut, but it's really hard to tell at that angle.

Just as I thought, it does stick out a bit and the rear will sit flush, if not a little past flush. Which means you'll definitely have to roll your fenders. Lowering might be out of the question, unless you give it some negative camber.

Thanks for the update.

Thats the thing..it is lowered...If it wasnt....I would get them..the tire I was going to get is the smallest width wise so it would stretch like the 18's now so I have more of an angle when it comes up into the fender well...I have one more thing to check before I send it back....I want to see how much the RX-8 18's stick out when the car is jacked up..I know the camber is off when you lower it (even more so than stock) There is like maybe 1/2 inch clearance from strut to wheel ...maybe a little less.

^^ how far are you from the strut????... you may very well be able to run it when lowered.. mine looked the same on the cam before i put the tire on and put it back down...

go for it.. or have the backspacing professionally shaved for better fitment.. im sure u can pull 2-3mm off...

If you're up for it, you can get a set of coilovers to give yourself a little more room to work with. After looking at your pics, I think I'd like to see a set of these on a 5.

If you're up for it, you can get a set of coilovers to give yourself a little more room to work with. After looking at your pics, I think I'd like to see a set of these on a 5.

Just know you guys are corrupting my mind...I'm honestly tempted to go the extra step and buy a tire, slap it on this wheel and try it on each corner even if I have to keep it in the basement as a souvenir...an expensive one..lets see..$210 for wheel and $120 for tire , mounted and balanced $24...$354...s*** ...everytime company comes over I'll roll it out and sit on it. lol

kid5 what was the size/width/offset of those wheels you were trying..

and have u tried the rear yet?

They were 20 x 8.5 with a 45mm offset .....I actually didnt try it....the front said enough for me. They were for an RX-8...I just thought since I had RX-8 wheels...why wouldn't aftermarket wheels fit also. I actually sent the wheel back today. I've been thinking hard about getting the 18's since they are 18x8 with a 45mm offset....my thing is I know what 18's look like already...I wanted bigger and silver...not a fan of chrome at all. Anyways(shrug)

20x8 lol..

well my question was related to the rear mostly reason is im rolling the fenders on the new 5 already (i know had it 1 day and im already starting) and was checking how close it was in the rear... mm measurements work great...

ur pushing the envelop from the looks of things with an 8 up front.. but it looked like u still had a few mm space between your strut and rim.... just curious.. i didnt see a clear shot of how close it was for my own reference..

thanks for the help man i should have pix up of my stocker for now after the weekend

I think I have more pics on my car domain page...see if that helps...I actually was thinking about rolling the fenders all the way to UPS. Maybe when income tax season comes I might just make that impulse buy and get them with tires and just figure a way to make it work....I really like the look of those wheels....I had a set of 19's on my 96 Dodge Grand Caravan....lowered...I loved it....thats on Car domain too if you want to check it out.

Thanks man. I'mma hit u up for more offset info. I'm gathering that a +35 rear on a 8.5 will work and be close to flush. And 8on a 42+ is about max in front with no camber.

Wrking on some autocotours or faboulous profounds 18 inches and mildly stretched

1008747w.jpg

1008745.jpg

Not sure what I'm to post, but those are some pics.

Peace!:cool:

Wheels look great, but would look better with a drop.

And please... peel off those stickers.(smash)

Drop = yes = <<<<LINK>>>>

Stickers = No, I love them, people look and compliment, and ask where did I get them.

I second both of your notions(bow)

Remember you're unique... just like everyone else. (smoke)

HA! I am in Oki too! Unfortunately, my 5 is in the States :(. But I drive an MPV :D.......... Get some springs from Autoexe from Upgarage!

Ive just gotten started, ... so I'm trying to get there. Im avoiding the Auto-Shop Turbo and UpGarage and RAM, etc. Theyll want to push me into performance products like last time 1996-2003 with my Skyline.
Springs = done Drop = yes = <<<<LINK>>>>

Where on Oki are you? Have you 'dropped' your MPV?

Peace!(rei)

Drop = yes = <<<<LINK>>>>

Stickers = No, I love them, people look and compliment, and ask where did I get them.

Remember you're unique... just like everyone else. (smoke)

Ive just gotten started, ... so I'm trying to get there. Im avoiding the Auto-Shop Turbo and UpGarage and RAM, etc. Theyll want to push me into performance products like last time 1996-2003 with my Skyline.
Springs = done Drop = yes = <<<<LINK>>>>

Where on Oki are you? Have you 'dropped' your MPV?

Peace!(rei)

The MPV is the wifeys car. I am leaving soon, so no sense in wasting the cash on dropping it. Im at Hansen. How were you able to get a new Premacy?

Im at Hansen. How were you able to get a new Premacy?

Oh sorry to hear that, it's rough being so far out. (drive) I'm on Foster.

How were you able to get a new Premacy?

Best kept secret on the island, would put the lemon lot out of buisness...

http://www.o-cross.net/

a) have a Japanese employee or wife, or whatever sit with you while you shop for cars on Okinawa from the comfort of your A/C filled room.

b) You're NOT a victum of the "American" lots off post.

c) You get a 2 YEAR WARRANTEE (We're using my wives to get her A/C vents not function for FRREEE! right now!) with any car purchased from a Japanese lot and you speak a little bit or will provide a translator (Via cell phone *wink*) with the lots, they tend NOT to want to provide to ANY American because we tend to be .... Ass holes! (crazy)

also being retired army and having tons of $$$ that helps too ;)
Best of luck on your PCS back to the states, :D

Peace!(rei)

Does anyone here use 215/55/17? like to know if their is rubbing? willing to sacrifice for the speedo. but like to know this first. Would this size also fit with the 17" OEM M5 touring?
thanks

Um do you realize you're going wider with a higher profile? Seeing how OE is 205/50 with the 17" I'd go 215/45 or 225/45.

Back