Mazda5 2006 - Loose door handles

Hi everyone,

I have a slight issue on my front driver and left sliding door handles.

- The front driver one is a bit loose from outside and stay in an open position. A bit like if the spring was not strong enough to bring them back in close position.

1642279980329.png

- The sliding left side is sometime not working, like if the handle wasn't grabbing the latch to open the door.

Any idea? Do I needs to tight something?

Thanks

Last edited:
im in the same boat, 50% of the time the sliding doors work. , but the handles always feel loose.
I'll post again if i find a solution

There is a hook on the pivot side, opposite side from the key hole side, that breaks of and lets the handle move do it can't go back down fully. I had the issue and just kids replaced the handle.

For the back passenger side, a drivers side from a non sliding door will work. I got a back drivers side from a CX-7 cause the color matched. You might be able to get the front and rear and fix both sides of your car.

Hi everyone,

I have a slight issue on my front driver and left sliding door handles.

- The front driver one is a bit loose from outside and stay in an open position. A bit like if the spring was not strong enough to bring them back in close position.

View attachment 306557

- The sliding left side is sometime not working, like if the handle wasn't grabbing the latch to open the door.

Any idea? Do I needs to tight something?

Thanks

Simon
It is probably broken, you need to replace it. I have done this from inside the car without having to take the door off.

There are several write-ups on this - here is mine that references another https://mazdas247.com/forum/t/broken-kind-of-door-handle-drivers-side-door.123856217/#post-6469203. Good luck. Check non-oem parts for cheaper prices.

You will break door panel clips, so buy some before hand.

Replaced a front left (driver side) exterior door handle on 2004 Mazda5 Sport with an aftermarket part. Similar process to previous gen Mazda 5 as well as Mazda3 I imagine. What a pain though! Needed lots of patience. And ... proper plastic clips to replace the ones that broke when removing the door panel just as has been mentioned many times by folks experienced with removing interior door panels. I believe part numbers to search for are GJ6R-68-ABX and GJ6R-68-AB2. And a proper pry tool to remove them helps too. (It's interesting how much easier it is to remove the door panel on my 2009MY Hyundai - better design of clips and screws in my opinion.)

Back