Mazda3's With Aftermarket Turbos

Zoomzoom17

:
'08 Mazda3i Sedan
Sorry if this is a duplicate thread. Let me know.

Mazda3's
Not Speeds

I know some of you have turbo in your car. I'm debating whether or not to get it.

Brands I know of currently:
HiBoost
Tri Point Motorsports
F2 Mazda
Reactive Racing

Tripoint says it's only for 2.3's and Manuals. Anyone done it on a 2.0 or an Auto? I have a 2.0, Auto, Sedan.

Any other brands?

If it's not too personal:
How much did you pay?
Any problems with it?
And upgrades to it?
Suggestions?
How much did you pay for a chip tune?
What numbers did you get out of it?
What other mods have you done?

Last edited:
Ok, with aftermarket turbo for a 2.0 automatic, you would need to upgrade the valvetrain... (trans) since stock trans wont hold the boost at all....

otherwise.. there is a lot of ppl that boosted their 2.0's.. plz search

Ok, with aftermarket turbo for a 2.0 automatic, you would need to upgrade the valvetrain... (trans) since stock trans wont hold the boost at all....

otherwise.. there is a lot of ppl that boosted their 2.0's.. plz search
Lucas. Thank you for the answer.

But I'm simply trying to compile a list of companies and reviews of their turbo's. Many people make threads about their turbo'd cars but those threads don't last long and I know for myself that I've searched a lot to find companies that have turbo for my car. I'm just trying to list all that I can find for those who were in my position. Sorry for the confusion.

what about a 2.3L auto? 2008

also what about f2?
Also question about F2. They have a stage 1 and a stage 2 kit. I'm guessing stage 1 must be installed first and then stage 2 or is it something like a second version that is just more developed?

Turbo kits available for NA Mazda3

I have a Reactive Racing Turbo kit I installed in my 3. It worked great until I ran it outta oil. Kit will run you in the $4-5k range. Not very hard to install. I know that there are 4 more on the shelf here at work.

I use PCS extended fuel controller hooked up to the wideband (thanks to Mazda for putting that in from the factory). I only push about 8-9 lbs, but that is enough to put ~245hp to the wheels. (dynoed at 265 with 10lbs before I ran outta fuel)

There are a few other things done to the car, but to answer your question, yes this kit will work for an auto, and yes for a 2.0L.

I would highly suggest putting pistons and shorter rods (Wisco, Eagle) in your motor if you run this much boost, but you could easily get away with 6 pounds and leave most everything stock.

PM if you have any more questions.

wow... it only took me 4-5 months to respond! a new record..

We have 3 more here that are ready to go out the door. I also have some Balance shaft removal kits here if anyone is interested. A very easy mod that drops about 25lbs off your car + most of that is rotating mass. Unbolt oil pan, 4 bolts to get the balaance shaft and put it back together. It may make your idle a little rougher, but I didn't notice it on mine.

Back