Mazda3 Rust recall

MustangFTW

:
03 Protege ES Auto
Ive heard that Mazda is prepping for huge rust recall on older mazdas ('00-09). My source said its going to be a huge recall but didnt give details on what it was for/what it covered. He said that dealers are already training their techs on the requirements for the recall. potentially relating to the quarter panel rust all mazdas suffered?

any Mazda techs/people with dealership connections want to confirm this? Or if you have EMDCS access?

Don't be surprised.
Nissan recalled Pathfinders and QX4's for rust, for the years 1996-2004. Mine was one of them.

Toyota recalled a ton of trucks for frame rust as well, going back to 1995. They were putting new frames in 20+ year old trucks!

The guy couldve been lying but it would be a very strange thing to lie about.

Was hoping there was a mazda tech here that lives in the rust belt that can confirm. My 3 could use some new metal and a factory paint job :)

There are a ton of rusty Mazda 3's up here. some of them are incredibly bad. They don't look safe.
In fact, you'd be hard pressed to see a rust free Mazda 3 older than about 6 years up here.

Protege's are/were even worse. I haven't seen one of those around for quite a while. They rusted really badly. They are probably all in the junkyard by now.

As for Toyota's, 4 runners from the early 2000's seemed to rust really bad. I've seen one or two of them around here with huge holes, and those chrome bumpers completely rotted off.

Ive heard that Mazda is prepping for huge rust recall on older mazdas ('00-09). My source said its going to be a huge recall but didnt give details on what it was for/what it covered. He said that dealers are already training their techs on the requirements for the recall. potentially relating to the quarter panel rust all mazdas suffered?

any Mazda techs/people with dealership connections want to confirm this? Or if you have EMDCS access?
I have av2009 Mazda 6 with the front frame rusted out so bad the a arms and everything that connects the wheel to the frame has came loose. In December 2018 they're suppose to be recalling some of the Mazda for that reason to replace the front frame. I have talked to Mazda and this is true. They are keeping the mechanixs to fix this issue and building the replacement parts now.

I must be lucky! I live in central NY where they salt EVERYTHING and my 2010 with 107k has no body rust and minimal underbody surface rust. My 2014 CX 5 is also pretty much rust free at 117k

Any updates on this? I still have my Mazda from 05', rear fender is rusted out. If they actually recalled this and repaired it for free, that'd be pretty nice.

Back