Mazda3 Gauge Cluster

3forme said:
Color scheme looks like the schemem VW use, and the colors in my current VW. It is really classy looking and easy on the eyes.
Yes, the red on blue is a direct ripoff of the New Beetle.

I don't think that ripping off the new beetle instrumentation color scheme is a bad thing, One less think for me to get used to in my new car. At least Mazda will give me a real tach. Stupid VW.

TheMAN said:
sure buddy, google is your friend
http://www.physics.sfasu.edu/astro/color.html

and there's a LOT more of where that came from

Do you believe that trash?:p

Go outside some night (we are talking pitch black night, no light other than the one in your hand) and do the stuff I've done and you'll see exactly what I'm talking about.

You'll see a yellow light from a hell of a lot farther away than you will see a red or blue light. Same goes for green, you'll see it before a red or blue light.

Is there any word on whether or not the gauges are Optitron (electroluminescent) like the 6 and RX8?

Also, after owning a car with blue gauges (Probe) and going to a car with red ones, I can attest that red is MUCH better for nighttime driving. I stay much more alert on long trips now because I don't suffer from eyestrain anymore.

scorp76 said:
Is there any word on whether or not the gauges are Optitron (electroluminescent) like the 6 and RX8?

Also, after owning a car with blue gauges (Probe) and going to a car with red ones, I can attest that red is MUCH better for nighttime driving. I stay much more alert on long trips now because I don't suffer from eyestrain anymore.

Like the Mazda6, both optitron and regular are available (optitron may not be available for Canada though).

Regular:
- white when night-time lights are off
- red when night-time lights are on

Optitron:
- all black when car is off
- red when night-time lights are off
- red with blue background when night-time lights are on

StuttersC said:
Do you believe that trash?:p

Go outside some night (we are talking pitch black night, no light other than the one in your hand) and do the stuff I've done and you'll see exactly what I'm talking about.

You'll see a yellow light from a hell of a lot farther away than you will see a red or blue light. Same goes for green, you'll see it before a red or blue light.

Seeing colors from a distance is alot diffrent then continuiously looking at gauges that at 12" away from your face for hours and hours on end. Edwin was refering to which will strain your eyes less, not which can be seen from the farthest distance.

KYREDP5 said:
Seeing colors from a distance is alot diffrent then continuiously looking at gauges that at 12" away from your face for hours and hours on end. Edwin was refering to which will strain your eyes less, not which can be seen from the farthest distance.

Ah yes, but we the blue lenses are still important up close too...

I know what he is refering to in particular, I just enjoy messing with him...And he knows that.

Back