Mazda2 Turbo Kit from Racing Mazda

Tom_Mazda2

:
2011 Mazda2, Touring, 5spd MT
Hey Guys!

I've been trying to find a company that would develop a Mazda2 Turbo kit for our cars. I contacted numerous companies/ tuners and I finally got a response from a shop based out of San Antonio, Texas called Racing Mazda. Apparently they are known for turbo-charging Miata's with 1.6L and 1.8L engines. They have also done some things in the past with Mazda3's and Protege's. I sent them an email asking if they would be willing to develop a Mazda2 turbo kit and this is the reply I got back...

Racing Mazda said:
we would love to do one. however that will require an actual car for the prototype along with testing for any additional electronics and or fueling needs. I would require a car for at least a month to be sure its all done correctly."

Ric from Racing Mazda

So it seems that they need a donor car to work with before they could offer the rest of us a kit. If anyone is willing to be the guinea pig that lives around the San Antonio area then shoot them an email.

link: www.racingmazda.com.

Last edited:
Imagine the 2 with an extra 50-60ft-lbs and HP :) Is there a LSD solution for the 2 out there? I don't want an open diff with this added power

I called them...I'd be willing to drive down and fly back. Let's see where this goes...

That would be freaking awesome! Get ready for a long drive! If I were back home I would go with you :p

Another update from Ric at Racing Mazda...

Tom_Mazda2 said:
Hello Ric!

I would have no problem offering up my car for you guys to build a prototype kit but I have a couple of issue's with that. First I live in Concord, Ohio (east of Cleveland) and secondly I am in the U.S. Navy and I'm currently on deployment. Also if you were to use a Mazda2 to develop a kit, approximately how much would something like that cost? Just a rough estimate.

Thanks!
- Tom

Racing Mazda said:
well until I complete it I wont know for sure. Need to have a car present.
From that lots need to be determined, all parts, cost, location and quality to fit the market and the users. Its in the end that I get to look back and factor in the cost and labor. The electronics will be the uncertain area.

Hey guys i am new to this forum but i have a mazda 2 which i personally turbocharged with a td04l turbo amd alot of other gadgets the result was outstanding gained around 100 or so hp (still need to dyno test it ) the project cost around 7000us dollars but i can tell u all it was absolutely worth every penny spent

Yeah, with the little bit of research I've done the TD04L-13T looks to be a pretty good fit for the 2. That's the same one that AN7 used in his epic turbo build log. For me I don't think I would mind building my own turbo, but either way it would be down the road a few years after the car is paid off and past warranty.

Racing Mazda is willing to build a kit for the Mazda2. They Just need a donor car to test things out. Once that is done they will offer the kit for purchase.

extremez31 said:
Cusco makes a Diff or the 2

This is awesome. I know once people start making power in the 2 that the diff will be a weak area. Do you have a link? And I'm guessing it's a limited slip?

Back