Mazda vs Aftermarket remote start

mackguy

:
2011 CX-9 Touring AWD
Hello all,

Has anyone installed a Viper or Compustar remote start with the smart-phone integration? I am considering this for my new CX-9. also considering the Mazda OEM (dealer installed) version. Are there any benefits to the factory version? In my old Cadillac the factory installed remote start was "adaptive" meaning it enabled various features depending on the climate outside (if it was below 40 degrees it turned on the heated seats, F and R defrost automatically for instance). Does the Mazda OEM one do anything like that or is it just the same as any aftermarket system but with a Mazda logo?

Thanks!

I have installed 2 years ago on my MAZDA CX9 a remote start. I have bought : http://www.mazdaparts.org/macxreenst1.html. Takes time and patience to install, but still works fine. EVEn the official MAZDA looks a compustar version with special software. It did not have special functions in the remote start itself to turn on more depending on outside air.

Bought a new 2012 CX-9 Touring last week and the dealer threw in the Avital remote start to finalize the deal. Works great and no problems so far. There's just a small Avital single botton remote that's on the key chain in addition to the Mazda remote. NBD for me or the wife. No added functions though, just simple remote start.

Back