Mazda safety technologies - your usage

I've had the rear cross-traffic alert go off for me quite a few times. That radar system is pretty sensitive, I've had it detect crossing traffic three rows away in a parking lot (empty spaces, not full of cars). It's definitely detected cars coming well before I could see them, great system and I'm happy to have it, especially when I've got an SUV or minivan or truck on each side blocking my view of any potential traffic. Considering people these days, when seeing a person backing out, react with "let's see if I can get by him" instead of "maybe I should let him back out" I really wanted a system like this.

Mazda Radar Cruise Control (MRCC)

I used this yesterday, traffic jumping from 35-60 for about a 20 minute drive. This often gets me a little stressed. But it ended up being a dream to drive through.

...The customer suffered whiplash from the incident and the dealership employee broke his arm...

I don't understand how this could happen from the failure of the SCBS--a system that's only designed to work up to 18mph.

More reasons for me to drive a car, not to be driven by car.
I am not ready for that yet. Sorry. It maybe just me.

My CX5 has the SCBS and I was taken by surprise yesterday when it activated - the car in front of me was turning into a parking lot so I applied the brakes then coasted forward as the car completed the turn. I suppose I got too close for the system to be happy, so SCBS activated and abrubtly brought my car to a halt, much to the dismay of the driver behind me. I suppose it is good technology, although I would not have collided with the car in the absence of the system so it was more of an annoyance this time. Happy to see it is an effective system though.

I don't understand how this could happen from the failure of the SCBS--a system that's only designed to work up to 18mph.

It didn't. I got an update notice from Mazda, saying it was not due to a failure of the system. No further explanation, but judging from the injuries I'd say he was going a bit faster than the 18mph threshold.

I've had the rear cross traffic alert system go off a couple of times. I love it. It's very useful when you're parked between two large vehicles, which is almost always around here, and can't see much beyond straight behind you.

I too love the rear traffic alert. Having driven a tall truck for the last 10 years, I didn't think it was a big deal, but it's really handy.

Back