Mazda RX-8 reliability

We have updated our reliability stats for the RX-8 to include owner experiences through December 31, 2012.

Repair frequencies, in terms of repair trips per 100 cars per year:

2006: 44, low, very small sample size

2005: 76, moderate, small sample size

2004: 105, high, small sample size

Thank you, once again, to this forum and everyone who has been helping. We'll have further updates in May and August. We'd love to provide more precise stats and cover more model years--a matter of getting more owners now that many original participants have moved on to other cars.

To see how competitors compare, and to sign up to help:

Mazda RX-8 reliability ratings and comparisons

We've updated our reliability stats for the RX-8 to include owner experiences through March 31, 2013.

2006 RX-8: 22, low, very small sample size
2005 RX-8: 68, moderate, very small sample size
2004 RX-8: 96, high, small sample size

We'll have further updates in August and in November. The more owners participate, the more comprehensive and precise these will be.

For the details, including the descriptions of reported repairs, and to sign up to help improve this information:

We've updated our reliability stats for the RX-8 to include owner experiences through June 30, 2013. (Another source is about 14 months behind.)

2006 RX-8: 34, low, very small sample size
2005 RX-8: 101, high, very small sample size
2004 RX-8: 87, moderate, small sample size

We'll have further updates in November and February.

To view competitors' scores and descriptions of reported repairs, and to sign up to help:

Any reason why the 07 and 08's aren't included in this?

I have my 2009 RX-8 in the system. I never have any repairs on it, though. I've only had 2 issues in 5 years and about 37,000 miles. One was the grinding when shifting into 5th and 6th gears. Turns out it would have gone away on its own after break-in, most likely, but it was fixed under warranty. The other was a broken clip in the center arm rest storage. They replaced the arm rest "lid" under warranty.

My Swiss bank account. I thought that was obvious, given the large number of people willing to pay large amounts for RX-8 reliability information.

Unfortunately, I made a mistake and forgot to charge for the information.

We've updated our reliability stats for the RX-8 to include owner experiences through September 30, 2013.

2006 RX-8: 23, low, very small sample size
2005 RX-8: 90, moderate, very small sample size
2004 RX-8: 79, moderate, small sample size

We'll have further updates in February and in May. The more owners participate, the more comprehensive and precise these will be.

To see how competitors compare, and to sign up to help improve this information:

Currently I bought a 2007 Mazda Rx8 with 58k on the dash and so far all I need to do is a tune up and maybe change the fuel filter. otherwise it seems all is well. I need to get a Compression test but either way the Car runs strong

I will be getting a 2004 Mazda RX-8 GT in a couple of days! Once I have some sort of information I will let you all know! I am excited, and have high hopes and expectations that the car will be good to me! :) This will be my first Rotary-powered vehicle, and I am absolutely excited!! I have been loving rotaries for a long time, and have wanted an RX-8 for a long time too! I am really happy that I can finally get my hands on one too! :D

Congrats on the car!

We only collect data starting with when someone joins--you can't wait until you have a problem, then join to get it included in the stats.

So ideally you'd join when you first get the car. To do this:

www.truedelta.com/join

We've updated our reliability stats for the RX-8 to include owner experiences through December 31, 2013.

2006 RX-8: 24, low, very small sample size
2005 RX-8: 43, low, very small sample size
2004 RX-8: 64, moderate, small sample size

We'll have further updates in May and in August. To keep reporting on the RX-8--and it's one of my personal favorites--we very much need more participants.

To see the repairs behind these stats, and to sign up to help improve this information:

Our reliability stats for the RX-8 now include owner experiences through March 31, 2014, making them nearly a year ahead of other sources.

2006 RX-8: 40, low, very small sample size
2005 RX-8: 61, low, very small sample size
2004 RX-8: 69, low, small sample size

Thank you, once again, everyone who has been helping. Next update in August.

For a deeper dive, including the stats for other cars and repair descriptions, and to sign up to help improve this information:

We've updated our reliability stats for the RX-8 to include owner experiences through June 30, 2014.

2006 RX-8: 13, low, very small sample size
2005 RX-8: 59, low, very small sample size
2004 RX-8: 76, moderate, small sample size

Next updates in November and in February. The more owners participate, the more comprehensive and precise these will be.

For repair descriptions, the stats of other cars, and to sign up to help improve this information:

We've updated our reliability stats for the RX-8 to include owner experiences through September 30, 2014.

2006 RX-8: 11, low, very small sample size
2005 RX-8: 71, moderate, very small sample size
2004 RX-8: 73, moderate, small sample size

Additional participants would be very helpful, as more members have been buying than selling these lately. I'm doing my part--have a 2006 Shinka.

To view the repairs behind these numbers, check the stats for other cars, and sign up to help improve this information (next update in February):

We've updated our reliability stats for the RX-8 to include owner experiences through the end of 2015, about eight months ahead of other sources. In terms of repair trips per 100 cars per year--lower is better:

2006 RX-8: 28, low, very small sample size
2004 RX-8: 46, low, small sample size

We continue to barely be able to cover these cars at all. To provide clear reliability information on the RX-8 more participants are much needed.

For the repairs behind these stats, reliability information on other models, and to sign up to help improve this information:

Back