Mazda Replacement Parts Origin?

Pitter

Pitter
Contributor
:
2020 CX-5 Signature Azul Metalico
When Mazda replaces important components (recent example control arms and front shock absorbers) on my car do these come from the original suppliers to the assembly of new vehicles or are they aftermarket products produced elsewhere (typically China)?

What is your concern if any?

Dont know about Mazda but some others use oem for after sale. Some of the European brands.
Rarely they use the ones that have in stock for the assembly line.
They do come from the same manufacturer but may differ a bit. Dealers sell 1) and 2) if not doing some shady practice on their own.

so :
1) assembly line parts
2) oem parts (same manufacturer, as good)
3) aftermarket (any manufacturer,variable)
4) bad/fake aftermarket, super cheap

The oem are certainly not aftetmarket china clones ;) but the manufacturer may have ...say factory in Japan and factory in another place.
Dealer sold parts are not aftermarket parts.

one exception probably to note-
Mazda North America though has a habit to have some oem maintenance parts (filters mainly) built in Mexico for cheaper price vs the oem ones they sell in the rest of the world.

Last edited:
It would be whoever their current supplier of OEM part is in question at the time of service. Parts can be superseded by new numbers and come from a different supplier vs what was original on the car when new (Japanese Tokyo Roki filters vs Denso Thai made filters for example). As long as you have Mazda part numbers listed on the invoice, I wouldn’t worry too much about it. I would think aftermarket part numbers would be listed if OEM parts weren’t used (if the service center is reputable anyway).

You live in Columbia, right? I don’t believe a service center would use aftermarket parts, but US service centers did have a shortage of OEM Mazda coolant. Many service centers had to use aftermarket coolant because, well, they had no coolant.

Last edited:
My replacement control arms and stabilizer bar end links came from Japan. I think the LCA mounting bolts as well. Purchased online from Mazda dealer. Don't know about shocks and struts.

Attachments

• IMG_0225 (1).jpg
    IMG_0225 (1).jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0226 (2).jpg
    IMG_0226 (2).jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 58
Dealers use ( should ) OE parts only - Mazda has aftermarket parts made in many places other than Japan - but if its dealer installed - Its guaranteed -- Which is one reason you pay top $$ -
I worked in a few dealerships -- all sourced from Mazda - parts / production locations depend on model and year- If I bring in my 14 year old 3 - chances are some parts are no longer
made in Japan -- or are " sitting " in storage - or dont exist -

Ha ha meow you beat me to it. Anyway thanks everyone. I'm not worried I was just curios. The question occurred to me when I saw the CX-5 control arms for sale on Mercado Libre which is our version of eBay.

It's Colombia not Columbia

My son who is getting married in a couple weeks has a shirt with that on it. His future MIL & her family are from Colombia & he bought the shirt when visiting there with his fiancé a few years ago.

Sorry for going off topic.
That’s pretty funny! You’ll have to excuse a lot of my posts on this forum as I’m always using a mobile browser on my iPhone. You never know what it’s going to autocorrect to.

the Densi vs Tokyo roki oil filter is something done for NA for whatever reason.
In Europe and other parts Mazda still sells the Tokyo Roki filters that come with the new car.

My factory installed lower radiator hose and engine oil level sensor say made in china on them. 2022 CX-9

Its fine, just fine

Latest posts

Back