Mazda Protege/Premacy 1.8 - Metalic sound from the motor compartment/front of the car

:
Mazda Premacy 1.8
Hi All,

Can anyone advise what can be a cause of the strange metallic noise from the from of the car, sound's like it's coming from passenger side :
https://youtu.be/EMUl25BisGk

You can hear it : 0:06 / 0:20 / 0:28 / 0:46

It's happening only when engine is warm and the car is moving. The RPM must be above 2000. I can also feel some vibration inside. When I depress the clutch then is all fine but it's back when clutch is released but it's not constant.
There is nothing loose under the car.

Can anyone help please.

I don't know the answer but I also have phantom metallic sounds. Subscribing. I have been guessing it's related to my valve train but I also know with 220k on my engine I'm not spending the money to fix it. When she gets ready to go I'm getting a rust free P5 chassis and dropping a KL in...which has its own valve issues but let's ignore that. Gut my current P5 for its good parts and finally be content...until I decide I need to boost my KL...

I'm wondering if this can be related to engine mount, the one near timing belt. It doesn't look bad but when it's getting warmer inside then somehow engine mount rubber is loosing it's function. I don't want to spend money on things that won't fix the issue.

Back