Mazda CX-50 announced

Looks like we’ll know more next Monday. Right now I see a well defined rear quarter panel with a lot of black plastic around the wheel well.

View attachment 304517
That plastic on the wheel wells is too thick similar to the cx-30. Too thick vs 17-21 cx-5 for my taste.

I do want a plug-in hybrid like the Rav4 Prime even w/o turbo is fine so less future issues too. Wonder if its similar to it in terms of power. 🧐

CX50 is lower than CX5. So, it seems longer.
I bet the lengths will be about the same, but lower by 3-4 inches.
We will see on the 15th.

CX50 is lower than CX5. So, it seems longer.
I bet the lengths will be about the same, but lower by 3-4 inches.
We will see on the 15th.
If the CX-50 is being marketed as the "outdoorsy" model in the Mazda line-up, then I doubt it will be any lower than the CX-5, it will likely be taller.

It looks like Mazda has high expectations for CX-50 sales, matching the existing sales of the CX-5.

As mentioned in the announcement of the enhancement of our SUV products, we will introduce the CX-50 in North America while continuing with the CX-5, and then introduce the CX-70 and CX-90 on top of it, adding the current CX-30 to strengthen and enhance our SUV products. I can't give you a specific figure for the contribution to earnings, but we plan to sell 150,000 units in North America, which is about 500,000 units, so you can imagine how we will position ourselves in that market.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Looks like the focus of CX-50 is about versatility of cargo room...
"「北米専用ということで、CX-5などこれまでの商品はグローバルに適用させるモデルとして導入してきました。CX-50は北米向けとして、ユニークなデザインコンセプトとか多様性に富むカーゴルームなど、北米のお客さまのご要望を重視して開発した商品です。かなり大きな期待をしているとご理解ください。詳細については現地時間の11月15日にアメリカから発表しますので、ぜひ見ていただければと思います」とコメント。11月15日(現地時間)にアメリカでCX-50を発表すると明らかにした."
(google)
"Because it is exclusively for North America, we have introduced the CX-5 and other products as models that can be applied globally. The CX-50 is for North America, with a unique design concept and a diverse cargo room. This product was developed with the customer's request in mind. Please understand that we have high expectations. Details will be announced from the United States on November 15, local time, so please take a look. I think. " The CX-50 will be announced in the United States on November 15th (local time).

Looks like the focus of CX-50 is about versatility of cargo room...
"「北米専用ということで、CX-5などこれまでの商品はグローバルに適用させるモデルとして導入してきました。CX-50は北米向けとして、ユニークなデザインコンセプトとか多様性に富むカーゴルームなど、北米のお客さまのご要望を重視して開発した商品です。かなり大きな期待をしているとご理解ください。詳細については現地時間の11月15日にアメリカから発表しますので、ぜひ見ていただければと思います」とコメント。11月15日(現地時間)にアメリカでCX-50を発表すると明らかにした."
(google)
"Because it is exclusively for North America, we have introduced the CX-5 and other products as models that can be applied globally. The CX-50 is for North America, with a unique design concept and a diverse cargo room. This product was developed with the customer's request in mind. Please understand that we have high expectations. Details will be announced from the United States on November 15, local time, so please take a look. I think. " The CX-50 will be announced in the United States on November 15th (local time).

Expect people on these boards to moan and complain and be disappointed. Disappointed with the engine, the transmission, the large black cladding.

I am expecting basically a car in between the size of the CX-9 and CX-5 with only two rows. Hoping the 6 speed is replaced but don't see that happening - except in the Hybrid model which I think might come with a CVT. And also hoping the second row has the same climate controls as the current CX-9.

Last edited:
Expect people on these boards to moan and complain and be disappointed. Disappointed with the engine, the transmission, the large black cladding.

I am expecting basically a car in between the size of the CX-9 and CX-5 with only two rows. Hoping the 6 speed is replaced but don't see that happening - expect in the Hybrid model which I think might come with a CVT. And also hoping the second row has the same climate controls as the current CX-9.
They have to replace the sixth speed with they're new 8-speed. It is a brand new car which by all means will be larger than the current CX5, even though it is on the same architecture as the CX30. It will not come with a CVT and they will not use any of the Toyota power trains. Fi there's going to be electrification it will be Toyota's technology with Mazda parts. From what I've heard from a dealership, the CX50 will have the most towing capability out of all current Mazda lineup. I suspect they will increase the towing capacity of they're 2.5 Turbo.

From a Japanese Website. It makes sense.
(マツダ 新型 CX-50 日本 2022年10月発売)
Longer by 21.5cm and shorter in height by 7cm. (estimate, not fact)

Model length width height wheelbase
1636743035037.png

Considering the peekaboo preview in the forest, and other hints that have been been dropped about its rugged sportiness, it makes think: Subaru Outback L: 4820mm, W: 1875, H: 1675mm

Just staking my place in line to view all the hate that is going to come Mazda's way tomorrow for ruining the company and all Mazdaland for the ugly mistake they are releasing tomorrow.

Expect it to be close the same size as the CX-5 except it will be wider with a larger trunk area according to Mazda CEO.

Mazda CX-50 Expected To Add 150,000 Units To Automaker's US Sales

According to Marumoto, the CX-50's introduction is an attempt to bolster and expand the automaker's SUV lineup. The US is an important market for the brand, representing around 70 percent of its global sales. The CX-50 is meant to strengthen Mazda's foothold. ... in the SUV -hungry market.

"We have developed the car in line with requests from North American customers, so we have high expectations for the CX-50," Marumoto told Automotive News .

Marumoto said that the CX-50 will be around the same size as the CX-5 but it will have a wider tread and bigger cargo room, which should suit the American customers' tastes.

Considering the peekaboo preview in the forest, and other hints that have been been dropped about its rugged sportiness, it makes think: Subaru Outback L: 4820mm, W: 1875, H: 1675mm
That’s certainly a niche Subaru has enjoyed uncontested for decades. I see tons of them on the road. Wouldn’t mind seeing stylish Mazdas instead.

CX50 could be basically a bigger CX4 (currently available in China)
A bit longer and taller. Similar aspect ratio.
1636946940629.png

Back