Mazda 2 woes

I just did a road trip from central coast Cali to Colorado and back, and I saw only two 2s. Coincidentally, they were both white tourings... and in my home town i've only seen one other 2, a blue sport.

I've been seeing the 2's all over in South Jersey.

And btw for the writer who said he never heard of PCM's just going defective for no apparent reason .. . happened to me. I'm in this right now with my car. It does happen, and just from what i've read even hear on this forum, it happens more frequently than one would think.

Yeah I agree with the frequency of PCM failure. My fiance's focus had a PCM failure at 56k miles!! (4k from warranty expiration lol).

Well, back to the dealer tomorrow. CEL randomly turned back on tonight.

On an unrelated note, a few weeks back while at the border my car was struggling to move and felt like stalling at idle. Saw the rpms dip to under 500 and bounce back up to normal every few seconds. Even while accelerating it would stall/hesitate around 1500 rpm. This lasted for about 10 minutes. Even having restarted the car symptoms persisted. For whatever reason, a second shut down cured all problems and it was back to being completely normal.

Well, back to the dealer tomorrow. CEL randomly turned back on tonight.

On an unrelated note, a few weeks back while at the border my car was struggling to move and felt like stalling at idle. Saw the rpms dip to under 500 and bounce back up to normal every few seconds. Even while accelerating it would stall/hesitate around 1500 rpm. This lasted for about 10 minutes. Even having restarted the car symptoms persisted. For whatever reason, a second shut down cured all problems and it was back to being completely normal.

What were the outside air temps when it did that?

IIRC somewhere between -2 and +5 degrees celcius. Nothing noteworthy. I've had it in much much colder temperatures and it ran flawlessy.

Installed a new PCM wiring harness to the ring of $574.35 & an hour of labour. Under warantee of course, car feels like new now, runs quite a bit smoother, and pulls better than before. That could just be placebo, but it definitely feels like a different car.

Installed a new PCM wiring harness to the ring of $574.35 & an hour of labour. Under warantee of course, car feels like new now, runs quite a bit smoother, and pulls better than before. That could just be placebo, but it definitely feels like a different car.

Interesting they would change out the harness. I wonder if there is some know lingering problem out there.

-Derrick

I doubt it, on this particular car that harness has been the source of a couple problems. At first it was a loose pin causing the car to go into "limp mode" and buck/hesistate. And then the #2 misfire. Here's to hoping alls well now.

Back