Mazda 2 DE Retrofit cruisecontrol

RPH

:
Mazda 2
Hi everyone,

I'm a proud owner of a Mazda 2 DE 2008 1.3 TS Executive HP+ in the pearl white color driving around in the Netherlands.

The only thing i'm missing is the cruise control option wich is only standard on the 1.5 GT-M models (in Europe). I googled a lot for it and systems like John Gold, Waeco, Rotra can be found a lot but nothing to be found about retrofitting.

I just wan't those nice buttons on the steering wheel like the factory option (and working offcorse ;) )

I read some threads on this forum that people allready were busy with this but those threads end up dead....

Anyone who allready fit it in his Mazda 2 DE ?

GRTZ
Ron

I don't know about the European models, but I've learned that it's possible to fit the cruise control on the North American models because they share the same engine. I have a Sport trim, which doesn't come standard with cruise control, but the higher Touring level does. As far as I'm aware, it's just a matter of getting a Touring steering wheel (apparently you can't get the switch panels and wire it to the Sport steering wheel because the two have different style airbags) and re-flashing the ECU - no modifications necessary because the 2 has a fly-by-wire throttle.

Is there a 2 with a 1.3 engine that has the cruise control? You might be able to pull the same trick. I'm no expert, but I don't think trying to do the trick from the GT-M model would work because they have different engines and different ECUs.

As far as i know / can find out there no 1.3 versions with cruisecontrol, but everything goes through BCM, i don't think the ecu has influence on it.

i searched on www.jimellismazdaparts.com, there are 2 types BCM possible on the Mazda 2 (1.3 and 1.5) the only difference is a BCM with or without automatisch headlight/wiper function (a model with standard cruisecontrol has also standard automatic headlights/wipers)
My 1.3 executive version has the automatic functions (only cruisecontrol is missing) thats why i hope (fingers crossed) that refitting is a possibility.

The steeringwheel buttons and a cover with cost me € 230 dollar.... it's just to expensive for "just a try..... so hopefully i find someone with experience or a Mazda mechanic on the forum who can help me.

Well, i'm a bit further.... i found some electrical diagrams for the cruisecontrol.

I checked the cables in MZ2 and all the cables which needed are there (brakepedal switch / pcm modul / steeringwheel)
the only question remain is.... can the ZJ38 pcm computer be reprogrammed or be activated for cruisecontrol ?!

my own mazda dealer doesn't have any experience with this and i'm the first customer who asked this...

Back