Mazda 2 Cold weather Bushing problems?

noahwilde

:
Mazda 2 2011 Touring
Mazda 2 2011 Touring Automatic Transmission with only 16000 km. Anyone else get a weird cracking sound from the front of the car while going over bumps or turning? This seems to happen mostly in weather under -10oC. I've read that it seems to be a bushing problem freezing and some go away when the car warms up. I brought this problem to my dealer who in turn told me it was a cd case in the glove box doing that sound. I laughed at him and said you have to be joking. After further looking on the web, I've noticed a lot of Mazda's seem to have an issue with this. Any insight on this would be great.

I own the base model but manual and got a scrounching noise coming from my dash that disappears just like you. Since it disappears quickly I don't bother with it. And now my windshield has cracked at the bottom and no noise since.

My 2 does the same thing, specially with the -38's we been getting.
I have to say, having driven a fully polly bushed MK1 around as a daily driver, Im pretty sure its just the bushings creaking.

The windshield crack deal does concern me though.(boom06)

We've gotten a few cold days in Minnesota (odd this winter has been relatively warm). I've noticed some crunching sounds too, and I understand your frustrations about the dealership. They tell you it's the CD case like your some kind of an idiot who can't differentiate a little tapping sound from a crunch.. lol. Bastards!

Actually the dealership here has been really good about it. Before I bought the car I asked the service manager about the bushing noises, and he out right told me they have had issues with that. Thats one reason I was happy about dealing with them, no BS. He said they have taken a few 2's apart and re greased all the bushings. I just haven't got around to taking mine in.

I own the base model but manual and got a scrounching noise coming from my dash that disappears just like you. Since it disappears quickly I don't bother with it. And now my windshield has cracked at the bottom and no noise since.

WUT.... you mean it randomly just cracked?

The cracking windshield is a little weird. I would be interested to see what a dealership says about that.

-Derrick

Well My appointment is Friday. When I called my my service guy I spoke directly to him and Told his theory on the CD case was a nice try, but I had narrowed the problem to the bushing. He asked me how I came to this "THEORY" I said easy I did my homework and searched the net for others with similar issues...LOL I even said to him Mazda car's seem to all have this in common and it's not just the Mazda 2. I swear at times I should work for them....I also did see on another site that a recall was issued somewhere for this. We where notified last year in regards to the radio having issues due to the cold and once the car warms up the radio turn on by its self but since we upgraded our radio this recall didn't apply.
My Hulk having had loads of modification on it, special mechanics have to be called in, always leading to a second appointment. I've told them now after over a year my frustrations and said You all know "The HULK" as it was the first one sold at this dealer when it came out in Aug 2010. So how about getting the right people in when it comes to these modifications instead of wasting a whole day just to come back... Will all keep you posted on how this goes....
Heated seats to be fix on this so called second appointment due to a special Mechanic. It's sad that they have now training on the Mazda 2....

I get some cold-weather creaking, but from the rear suspension, not the front. Both sides were doing it until I took the car in and they, for whatever reason, replaced only the passenger side rear shock. Now just the driver's side rear shock creaks...heh.

Up date....Here is the update from Montreal.....LOL My dealer (Service Desk Man) went to talk to the BOYS. He comes back to tell me that this is caused by the shock oil freezing a bit when it's really cold. Meaning when it's really could it's stiff and makes this noise when driving over bumps....till the car warms up. Blah blah blah...ETC etc etc....I'm like great...So what are you going to do to solve this problem...He's like well their really isn't anything we can do for this....I'm like.... You better find something to do for it. It's a new car with only 14000 km. He's like bring it back Monday morning. Will let it sit outside and look at it...Blahhh blahhh blahhhh...I'm like if nothing is resolved Monday You leave me no choice but to take it to Mazda Canada head office. It seems my dealer has replaced a few Mazda 2's Suspension so far. Will keep you posted...

I did not find any marks showing there was an impact on the plastic at the bottom of the windshield. I'll wait until this spring to get it changed but will get my dealer to take a good look at it during the next oil change. I do over 550km a week so it should be toward end of February.

Our cars are built on an assembly-line. Maybe the windshield on mine was not properly aligned-installed. I also have to recognize that I like to take curves in my little bugger. So the chassis must flex a little.

Back