May 2018 Sales USA

7eregrine

The man, the myth, the legend
:
Land of Cleve
:
2016.5 CX5
Called it on the 6... sales tanked in March because people were waiting on the new 6. Well, here ya' go:

Mazda North American Operations (MNAO) today reported total May U.S. sales of 29,980 vehicles, representing an increase of 15.1 percent versus May of last year. Year-to-date (YTD) sales through May are up 14.9 percent versus last year, with 137,031 vehicles sold. With 26 selling days in May 2018, versus 25 the year prior, the company posted an increase of 10.7 percent on a Daily Selling Rate (DSR) basis.

• Mazda6 led the charge, posting a sales increase of 63.8 percent year-over-year (YOY), with 4,437 vehicles sold in the month of May.
  • Mazda CX-5, Mazda's award-winning crossover SUV, returned to record-breaking sales, posting its best-ever May sales of 14,173 vehicles, marking an increase of 19.9 percent YOY. Sales of the Mazda CX-5 are up 43.7 percent YTD.
  • Mazda CX-3 posted its best-ever sales this month, with 1,823 vehicles sold in May, marking an increase of 18.6 percent YOY. Sales of Mazda CX-3 are up 14.0 percent YTD.
  • Mazda's seven-passenger crossover SUV, Mazda CX-9, had a near-record month, finishing up 26.6 percent YOY, with 2,509 vehicles sold. Sales of the Mazda CX-9 are up 18.4 percent YTD.
  • Every model in the CX-line posted sales gains in the month of May. Total sales of the CX-line, including the CX-3, CX-5 and CX-9, where up 20.6 percent over May of last year, with 18,505 vehicles sold.
  • Mazda reported an all-time high for Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) sales, with 4,823 CPO vehicles sold in May, marking an increase of 21.0 percent YOY.

https://insidemazda.mazdausa.com/press-release/may-2018-sales/

Last edited:
How the Miata is doing?
Typical corporate announcement which only reports good part. If it didn't mention it, it usually means not good. Where's sales figure on Mazda3?

How the Miata is doing?

Typical corporate announcement which only reports good part. If it didn't mention it, it usually means not good. Where's sales figure on Mazda3?

If you both just look at the source link...(whistle)

Miata is down hard. Mazda3 also down.

May-Sales-1024x519.jpeg

Last edited:
All you have to do is click the link. They aren't hiding this information AT ALL. It's all on the same page. Right below that is *see attached*
Have ya' not ever actually gone to that page, Yrwie? Because you've brought this up before. "They're hiding this info!"
No, they aren't.
This is marketing. Kind of how it works.

Attachments

• Graph.jpg
    Graph.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 316
If they keep selling the 6 at 14K a month heck even at 12K a month avg. thats 150K Mazda 6 sold. brings it much closer to the 350K Camry's and Accord's sold in USA.
Superb. The 6 is amazing. Folks are in love with it.

If they keep selling the 6 at 14K a month heck even at 12K a month avg. thats 150K Mazda 6 sold. brings it much closer to the 350K Camry's and Accord's sold in USA.

I believe that's YTD 14k, month of May being 4.4k sold.

Don’t get too excited, Mazda6 still have very long way to go to catch Toyota Camry or Honda Accord sales figure wise. It’s 4,437, not 14K per month!

So I seriously want to know. Did you just not click on the provided source link and read the article where the chart was very clearly displayed before claiming Mazda is "not announcing it" to "hide bad news"?

so i seriously want to know. Did you just not click on the provided source link and read the article where the chart was very clearly displayed before claiming mazda is "not announcing it" to "hide bad news"?
7eregrine has already quoted Mazda North American Operations' announcement on May sales. How many people would bother to click the link thinking there're more details in the announcement? Apparently tibimakai didn't just like me. If 7eregrine didn't present the quote, people would more likely click the link to know the details.

MNAO failed to mention anything on Mazda3 and MX-5 Miata in "Key May Sales Notes" of the announcement is indeed an example of typical corporate announcement - it reports or emphasizes only the good news.

7eregrine has already quoted Mazda North American Operations' announcement on May sales. How many people would bother to click the link thinking there're more details in the announcement? Apparently tibimakai didn't just like me. If 7eregrine didn't present the quote, people would more likely click the link to know the details.

MNAO failed to mention anything on Mazda3 and MX-5 Miata in "Key May Sales Notes" of the announcement is indeed an example of typical corporate announcement - it reports or emphasizes only the good news.

Oh, ok. (rolleyes)

Sure, but the data was there to see plainly. So I fail to see your point except as another dig at Mazda where one is not required.

And that's how these types of posts work in any forum by the way...you post snipets and provide a source link for the rest. Considering this is a CX-5 section I can understand why 7eregrine only posted CX-5/3/9 data, and 6 since that and it's 2.5L turbo has been a source of discussion for CX-5 owners of late. No one posts a whole article in a news post on any forum unless it's short, LOL. That's why there is a link.

Last edited:
So I seriously want to know. Did you just not click on the provided source link and read the article where the chart was very clearly displayed before claiming Mazda is "not announcing it" to "hide bad news"?

No no, it's just Mazda being penny pinching with their words

Sure, but the data was there to see plainly. So I fail to see your point except as another dig at Mazda where one is not required.

And that's how these types of posts work in any forum by the way...you post snipets and provide a source link for the rest. Considering this is a CX-5 section I can understand why 7eregrine only posted CX-5/3/9 data, and 6 since that and it's 2.5L turbo has been a source of discussion for CX-5 owners of late. No one posts a whole article in a news post on any forum unless it's short, LOL. That's why there is a link.
Now this shows you didn’t read the entire announcement via the link. It’s not 7eregrine who posted only CX and 6’s data, it’s MNAO who listed “Key May Sales Notes” in majority of the announcement which failed to mention 3 and Miata with poor sales. 7eregrine quoted most of announcement but failed to include the table initially which has the stats not mentioned in the key notes. As I said, it’s not just MNAO, it’s typical for any corporations.

Yrwie...please take a marketing class. You highlight and make a big deal out of the good news. That's what marketing is at it's very cute. Mazdas key points should be: 3 sales dropped by 9%? You give all the news, buy highlight the good stuff.
I wonder if BMW is as transparent as Mazda is?
Edit: they are.

Yrwie...please take a marketing class. You highlight and make a big deal out of the good news. That's what marketing is at it's very cute. Mazdas key points should be: 3 sales dropped by 9%? You give all the news, buy highlight the good stuff.
I wonder if BMW is as transparent as Mazda is?
Edit: they are.
When tibimakai was asking how the Miata is doing? and I merely answered his question with my common sense without even looking the detailed sales figures. Ended up I was right on both models. Where did I make a big deal on the announcement?

Back