March Madness '09 Thread/Challenge

genericuser

Contributor
:
96 Miata M-Edition, 2015 Mazda 3 Hatch
I know I'm not the only college hoops junkie on this board.

Who is your team? Who needs to lose? Who is going to win it all? Discuss!

My Hawks got taken out by Temple in the A10 tourney, so naturally I have to throw my support behind Thabeet and company. (Hint: UConn title = job security for me.) Otherwise, I'll root for any A10 team to go as far as possible.

M247 Challenge:
[SIZE=-1]Hello mazdas247 members

[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]zoomzoomh would like you to join their group in Yahoo! Sports Tournament Pick'em![/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]To accept the invitation, just follow this link. For reference, here's the group information.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]Group ID#: 137594
Password: yay4mazda[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]-- Tournament Pick'em Commissioner
http://tournament.fantasysports.yahoo.com/t1[/SIZE]

Last edited:
I'm just glad someone shut that punk Devendorf up. That guy is a flat out jackass.. Jumping up on the scorers table and all.

agreed, im a tar heel junkie for sure. sad to see them lose but you can bet I'll be rooting for the seminoles this afternoon.

I've gotten to see a few villanova games this year, including one against syracuse, so i'd also like to see devendorf stfu

Anyone have any thoughts on who the 1 seeds should be? My guess is UNC, lousville, Memphis and Uconn. But who I think deserves it? Lousville, UNC, UCONN, and Pitt. I just dont think Memphis is that great of a team and doesnt play a tough enough out of conference schedule. Oklahoma is another possibility , but they are a weak team without Blake Griffin and if he even plays 90% of his capacity they are gonna lose.

The problem is Pitt can't win big games. I could see them getting bounced in the 16 or 8.

UConn is pretty soft too. Play a tough zone defense on them, and bang Thabeet around. Ta-da! Victory!

It should be an interesting tourney this year. In my mind, there is no clear cut "favorite."

I agree, what is joe lunardi always saying? "Theres a lot of parity in college basketball this year..." any one of these teams can take the whole thing with a good draw in the brackets, it should be interesting.

I actually had the good fortune to be able to watch the entire big east tournament this week. I had my wisdom teeth out on Tuesday, so I've been home. I've watched every game.. Boy did I pick the right year!

Dude your so lucky! I have not been able to watch but a few games due to classes, I'm on spring break now and still wasn't able to b/c of all the work my Professors gave me. ha. I have to keep getting on ESPN to check out results

Lol.. It makes me wonder if I can get anything else done surgically next week so i can watch the NCAA's :)

Louisville got the #1 overall, as they deserved to.

I still can't believe 3 out of four #1's came out of the big east.

Back