Mammoth Cave Meet - New Date - 08/22/2009

08cosmic3

:
2008 Mazdaspeed 3
Any ideas on a summer drive meet?

Hours:
8:00-7:15

<TABLE class=undefined style="WIDTH: 450px; HEIGHT: 452px" borderColor=#2f4f4f cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=450 align=left summary="Activity Fees" borderColorLight=#fdf5e6 background="" border=1><TBODY><TR><TD>Cave Tour</TD><TD>Adults</TD><TD>Youth*</TD><TD>Senior**</TD></TR><TR><TD>Mammoth Passage Tour

</TD><TD>$5.00

</TD><TD>$3.50

</TD><TD>$2.50

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>Historic Tour</TD><TD>$12.00</TD><TD>$8.00</TD><TD>$6.00</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>New Entrance Tour</TD><TD>$12.00</TD><TD>$8.00</TD><TD>$6.00</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>Frozen Niagara Tour</TD><TD>$10.00</TD><TD>$8.00</TD><TD>$5.00</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>Grand Avenue Tour</TD><TD>$24.00</TD><TD>$17.00</TD><TD>$12.00</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>Great Onyx Tour</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>$15.00</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>$11.00</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>$7.50</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>Snowball Tour</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>$14.00</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>$8.00</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>$7.00</TD></TR><TR><TD>Violet City Lantern Tour

</TD><TD>$15.00</TD><TD>$11.00

</TD><TD>$7.50

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>River Styx Tour</TD><TD>$13.00</TD><TD>$9.00</TD><TD>$6.50</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>Star Chamber Tour</TD><TD>$12.00</TD><TD>$8.00</TD><TD>$6.00</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>Focus on Frozen Niagara Tour</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>$10.00</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>$8.00</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>$5.00</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>Wild Cave Tour</TD><TD>$48.00</TD><TD>n/a</TD><TD>$24.00</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>Introduction to Caving</TD><TD>$23.00</TD><TD>$18.00</TD><TD>$11.50</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Tours:
http://www.nps.gov/maca/planyourvisit/cavetours.htm

Personally, I like the New Entrance Tour. If you have never been, or are going again, this is a good tour to take. It isn't boring like the Historic Tour.

Do you all want to stay overnight and camp?

Mammoth Cave Campground also offers 4 sites to accommodate groups, with limit of 16 campers per site. Each site has paved parking, picnic tables, and a fire ring. $20/night/site.......270-758-2424

That is pretty cheap. Just factor in the cost to shower....

Showers, operated by the park concessioner, are open daily March 1-November 30, 6am-10pm, $2/10min. Showers are located behind the Service Center adjacent to the campground.
(boom08)

Last edited by a moderator:
i think theres a few people on here from like bowling green and north area or at least central ky, how bout like a meet at the mammoth cave national park area, ive never been there im just throwing out an idea.

I'm in for Mammoth Cave. They have alot of scenic roads to ride on but the park rangers enforce the speed limit. Picnic and maybe a cave tour. We might could get a few Nashville cars to come.

How about August 15th at Mammoth Cave? It will be hot then but the cave is always 50 degrees. Meet at the park headquaters/ticket center, go on a cave tour around noonish then cruise around alittle. Meet somewhere in cave city near the interstate and eat. It's about 30 minute drive for me and not too far for the Louisville crew.

I'm interested...Saturday's aren't the best for me, but it sounds like fun, and I could perhaps get the wife to come along.

Sounds good.

Subbin til I get home and pull up the parks department website to get more details, times, prices, etc.

Been wanting to take the kids down there for a while.

wow i tried looking through the mammoth cave website... it got confuseing as which tour to take.. which caves to see and prices but from what i saw there between like $5kids to about $30 for adults for the grand tour something like that.. maybe our mazda friend down there or someone who's been there can help out :) also how bout that sunday since im sure most people are off at least that day... post up :)

I have not been in many years and don't remember the cost of the tours. I threw that day out there because I'm already going to be there that morning running in a 5k road race that starts at the park heaqdquarters. I'm down for any day and if a Sunday is better, thats ok with me. Kids usally really enjoy the caves, so it will be a good family friendly meet. Would having a cook-out be good or just driving to cave city at I65 exit and finding a resturant or burger joint be better. There are other attractions in the area as well.

Hours:
8:00-7:15

<TABLE class=undefined style="WIDTH: 450px; HEIGHT: 452px" borderColor=#2f4f4f cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=450 align=left summary="Activity Fees" borderColorLight=#fdf5e6 background="" border=1><TBODY><TR><TD>Cave Tour</TD><TD>Adults</TD><TD>Youth*</TD><TD>Senior**</TD></TR><TR><TD>Mammoth Passage Tour
</TD><TD>$5.00
</TD><TD>$3.50
</TD><TD>$2.50
</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>Historic Tour</TD><TD>$12.00</TD><TD>$8.00</TD><TD>$6.00</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>New Entrance Tour</TD><TD>$12.00</TD><TD>$8.00</TD><TD>$6.00</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>Frozen Niagara Tour</TD><TD>$10.00</TD><TD>$8.00</TD><TD>$5.00</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>Grand Avenue Tour</TD><TD>$24.00</TD><TD>$17.00</TD><TD>$12.00</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>Great Onyx Tour</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>$15.00</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>$11.00</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>$7.50</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>Snowball Tour</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>$14.00</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>$8.00</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>$7.00</TD></TR><TR><TD>Violet City Lantern Tour
</TD><TD>$15.00</TD><TD>$11.00
</TD><TD>$7.50
</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>River Styx Tour</TD><TD>$13.00</TD><TD>$9.00</TD><TD>$6.50</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>Star Chamber Tour</TD><TD>$12.00</TD><TD>$8.00</TD><TD>$6.00</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>Focus on Frozen Niagara Tour</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>$10.00</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>$8.00</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>$5.00</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>Wild Cave Tour</TD><TD>$48.00</TD><TD>n/a</TD><TD>$24.00</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>Introduction to Caving</TD><TD>$23.00</TD><TD>$18.00</TD><TD>$11.50</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Tours:
http://www.nps.gov/maca/planyourvisit/cavetours.htm

Personally, I like the New Entrance Tour. If you have never been, or are going again, this is a good tour to take. It isn't boring like the Historic Tour.

Do you all want to stay overnight and camp?

Mammoth Cave Campground also offers 4 sites to accommodate groups, with limit of 16 campers per site. Each site has paved parking, picnic tables, and a fire ring. $20/night/site.......270-758-2424

That is pretty cheap. Just factor in the cost to shower....

Showers, operated by the park concessioner, are open daily March 1-November 30, 6am-10pm, $2/10min. Showers are located behind the Service Center adjacent to the campground.
(boom08)

Tho I can't make it that day, I'll pass the word on to the Ohio guys to see if anyone's interested.

Updated the title. Sweet!

Who is down for camping? I'd like to know if I need to reserve a spot soon as our park system likes to file up quickly.

Sean, it is a wet county.(thumb)

It is wet but not in the campgrounds. The rangers will look the other way if you cover the beer with a cooler holder and don't get rowdy. I'm down for camping but beware that it will be hot and stuffy even at night and the bugs will be fierce. Campfires are no fun when it's hot. They do have cabins you can rent but they are in poor shape. You can reserve a large group area and have many tents near each other. The only time the campground fills up is on holiday weekends. If you get there early there is usally no problem getting a space. If we have many campers then we want to reserve a group area.

Latest posts

Back