Making a list for my turbo setup.

Mazdamatic

:
Mazda 2 Sport
anyone got any recommendations on turbos? i see gt15 as a good bet. smalll,cheap, quick spool,up to 200hp (id only go to 150)

car is automatic...was a gift so no say in the tranny lol but ima have fun with it anyway.

gonna get a tranny cooler also.

will have a shop fab the exhaust manifold...

gonna do cheap fmic with the help of a shop also.

anyone got a good list for novices like myself? luckily i have a ton of speed3/6 guys helping but even they only know how to turbo big cars lol

could try a ct9 turbo off of early evos and starlets. if your lucky a ct9a i think it is. extra fin on the turbine for h extra weight of the ep91 starlet. how are you sorting fueling? very interested in this myself. sorry for any errors, on my phone.

could try a ct9 turbo off of early evos and starlets. if your lucky a ct9a i think it is. extra fin on the turbine for h extra weight of the ep91 starlet. how are you sorting fueling? very interested in this myself. sorry for any errors, on my phone.

ill get help with internals and all that from my friends. i really just cant decide on a small turbo. but i saw gt15 several times throughout the speed2 build threads.

its like a mototcycle sized turbo also used in small oem turbo cars.

i also see the ct9 is much more than the gt15. almost 500 dollas more.

ill see what the shop can list for me and ill make a list on here for all those interested in what is needed.

Last edited:
what are you going to be doing for a tuning solution?
couple friends work at SSP in houston so ther gonna see about tuning my car and making the exhaust mani for it. then i have another shop thats gonna help me with the intercooler piping.

okay... well what are you going to be using for a piggyback system for your ECU? i guess that's a better question...

okay... well what are you going to be using for a piggyback system for your ECU? i guess that's a better question...

trying to figure all that out with my group =] like is said. once i get this all sorted ill have a good "how to" for the speed2.

i do know if i go with the gt15 t15 itll be like 200 for that and 100 for the intercooler work. ima see how much the exhaust mani will be. i want a ram head manifold lol

294987_358943474154640_100001169714600_856650_1519923325_n.jpg

ITS SO BEAUTIFULLLLLLL!!!!

No need for a ram on our car's as far as I can work out.
Very bad with describing things like this but if it's like the UK version the block sits so the exhaust is at the back rather than looping from the front towards the back.

Like this http://www.pumaspeed.co.uk/product-...t-fit-Evo-4-1-Manifold-Shorty-Header_1143.jsp
Instead of http://www.hondaperformanceparts.co...TRI-Y_Stainless_Steel_Exhaust_Manifold_B16_18

Would love some feedback on this as I'm really struggling to find out if this is worth persuing.

For fueling I have heard of Emanage being used and Mega squirt, both from Mx5 installs.

Tempted to not bother with a turbo and focus on other aspects or the car.

Last edited:
No need for a ram on our car's as far as I can work out.
Very bad with describing things like this but if it's like the UK version but the block sits so the exhaust is at the back rather than looping from the front towards the back.

Like this http://www.pumaspeed.co.uk/product-...t-fit-Evo-4-1-Manifold-Shorty-Header_1143.jsp
Instead of http://www.hondaperformanceparts.co...TRI-Y_Stainless_Steel_Exhaust_Manifold_B16_18

Would love some feedback on this as I'm really struggling to find out if this is worth persuing.

For fueling I have heard of Emanage being used and Mega squirt, both from Mx5 installs.

Tempted to not bother with a turbo and focus on other aspects or the car.

itll be a few months before i turbo but i want to see how much it will cost/be overall. i can get most of the stuff cheap through connections. and after seeing that other turbo2 auto in the builds section its only made me want to even more lol

and yes the exhaust comes out the back of the block under the car. a ram may be possible but it wont be visible so no need to look extra fancy =[

Last edited:
I know some members of this forum have bad feelings toward Dynotronics/DPTune, but they are only a few hours away from you in Texas. It would certain be worth an email or call to see what they suggest. And despite the bad things I've read, I've read many more positive things. So, who knows.

Sorry for what i'm about to say and if im going to sound like a hater. u said ur car is automatic right? and u just want 50hp gain? and u want it cheap? well i admire u wanting a turbo but from ur reason in wanting it, turbo wont be practical for u. i take it this is going to be ur first turbo car as well. im not saying this is not doable its just not practical for ur need and reasoning. ask the thai guy with the turbo if he really feels the turbo with his automatic transmission comapre to his friends turbo with manual tranny. a 50hp gain can be obtain with a nitrous all u have to do is a direct port fogger to the manifold and attach the switch to the gas pedal and an on/off switch when u want it and when u need it. turbo will never be cheap specially the car is an NA car it will take time to fine tune the car. i have 3 cars with turbo mainly my bmw m3, cx7(wifes) and a 2k prelude that was first a super charge then changed it to a turbo. i honestly think u should reconsider this option. turbo is not always all that compare to NA cars. we all want some oomph in this car but think about the real reason y we bought this car. my reason is simple fuel consumption and handling.

Sorry for what i'm about to say and if im going to sound like a hater. u said ur car is automatic right? and u just want 50hp gain? and u want it cheap? well i admire u wanting a turbo but from ur reason in wanting it, turbo wont be practical for u. i take it this is going to be ur first turbo car as well. im not saying this is not doable its just not practical for ur need and reasoning. ask the thai guy with the turbo if he really feels the turbo with his automatic transmission comapre to his friends turbo with manual tranny. a 50hp gain can be obtain with a nitrous all u have to do is a direct port fogger to the manifold and attach the switch to the gas pedal and an on/off switch when u want it and when u need it. turbo will never be cheap specially the car is an NA car it will take time to fine tune the car. i have 3 cars with turbo mainly my bmw m3, cx7(wifes) and a 2k prelude that was first a super charge then changed it to a turbo. i honestly think u should reconsider this option. turbo is not always all that compare to NA cars. we all want some oomph in this car but think about the real reason y we bought this car. my reason is simple fuel consumption and handling.

im just doing it for fun/track. got the money and friends who wanna help develop for it.

like i said im not even turboing it yet i just want a list of what would need to be done. and you cant use nos in autox i dont believe...lol nor would i want too.

I know some members of this forum have bad feelings toward Dynotronics/DPTune, but they are only a few hours away from you in Texas. It would certain be worth an email or call to see what they suggest. And despite the bad things I've read, I've read many more positive things. So, who knows.

i have a few friends who work at SSP and hes checking on a tune for the 2. hes curious about it as well. i tried to get into contact with DP since they are close but never got in touch and after all the false hopes they left us with meh....

Not gonna be a hater since it's your own thing and that's the spirit of car modification! But... this is a huge fall down the rabbit hole, especially for it to be(come) your first turbo car and also not be your second car/a dedicated project. I'd also like to turbo one day but I need my car to rely on it, plus, I'm still worn out about the last turbo car I owned. :S

I would highly advise not depending on other people so much to figure out the specifics of your turbo set-up and figure out every nook and cranny of what you're doing before you really get into it all. But good luck on this too.

Few things you would have to do.

I would recommend going with a log manifold, it would be way cheaper, and you should have no fitment problems.

If you do go with the GT15 (which i would recommend) you would figure out where you would tap the oil feed, oil drain, coolant feed and drain.

Also would you be upgrading the rest of the exhuast as well?

As for intercooler and piping, you would need to figure out what would fit, as well as what you would need to do to get it to fit. Also would you do a recirculated set up?

You will most likely need a trans cooler (kinda on the bigger side)

Main thing is to do all the planning and reasearch before you start buying parts.

Few things you would have to do.

I would recommend going with a log manifold, it would be way cheaper, and you should have no fitment problems.

If you do go with the GT15 (which i would recommend) you would figure out where you would tap the oil feed, oil drain, coolant feed and drain. researching

Also would you be upgrading the rest of the exhuast as well? ill mod the 2.5 straight as needed at the shop

As for intercooler and piping, you would need to figure out what would fit, as well as what you would need to do to get it to fit. Also would you do a recirculated set up? again the shop is doing this for me.

You will most likely need a trans cooler (kinda on the bigger side) found one. first thing i wanted.even without a turbo

Main thing is to do all the planning and reasearch before you start buying parts.

Not gonna be a hater since it's your own thing and that's the spirit of car modification! But... this is a huge fall down the rabbit hole, especially for it to be(come) your first turbo car and also not be your second car/a dedicated project. I'd also like to turbo one day but I need my car to rely on it, plus, I'm still worn out about the last turbo car I owned. :S

I would highly advise not depending on other people so much to figure out the specifics of your turbo set-up and figure out every nook and cranny of what you're doing before you really get into it all. But good luck on this too.

im doing all the searching for re. i just need ssp for the tune/ecu and the other shop for piping/intercooler/install.

like i said if i do turbo it , it wont be for awhile. or i save my money and buy an nsx and turbo that lol....

Back