Lucas upper cylinder lubricant?

I was wondering about this as well. I have heard great things about the oil additives as well.

It's good stuff. I've been using it over the past 8k miles or so and I can really tell a difference in fuel economy and decreased "hesitation" that we're prone to have. Makes mine run smoother too. Kind of like the first 500 mi. after an oil change except all the time provided you use it at every fill-up Get some. You'll like it.

It is good stuff. I use it in my wife's focus. I put a bottle in a every oil change. The hesitiation goes away and the idle smooths out. I have only used it once in my MS3 and really couldn't tell a difference. I am willing to try it again now that I have more miles on it.

I've used it in my Wife's 02 Maxima which has some mild detonation in the summer at partial throttle. It has 75K on it and probably needs plugs even though they are supposed to go 100k. I didn't really notice much in eliminating the rattle, but the idle was significantly smoother after I ran about three tanks of gas through it using this product.

I recall it saying on the bottle it increases octane, but can't find any statements to that effect on the Lucas site. I have the quart sized bottle and basically eyeball the amount suggested for the mix.

For the MS3 I was thinking the lubricants would be beneficial to the fuel pump, injectors, and primarily the cylinders as this thing runs 10:1 AFR when you're "in it". Also after hearing all the reports of oil in these cars containing a lot of fuel at the end of oil changes, I suspect it might help reduce cylinder wear. They could be getting washed down.

It actually seems like an ideal product for this car, but I wondered what other, more technically savvy or experienced people than myself had to say.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Whichever you prefer. You can add it to a full tank following the mix instructions on a large bottle or buy a smaller bottle and dump the whole thing into a tank of gas. You can do it in every tank of gas if you want, or periodically.

I have found that it helps counteract the crappy E10 gas that is sold in my area. If I have access to 100% pure 93 then I can't really tell an appreciable difference. But it's still nice to know that it's in there... silently lubing my cylinder walls.

Some of the VW/Audi 1.8t folks swear by the stuff, claim you can actually see lower engine loads before and after. Granted, delta was miniscule -but measureable.

I tried this product and did not see any difference. Is there a different additive Gen 1 MS3 guys are trying? I have couple of long drives coming up, so looking for an additive to clean the fuel and other systems out.

I tried this product and did not see any difference. Is there a different additive Gen 1 MS3 guys are trying? I have couple of long drives coming up, so looking for an additive to clean the fuel and other systems out.

http://www.seafoamsales.com/motor-treatment.html

I've never run it through the crank case, but have sucked it in via the brake booster line and poured it in the gas tank. youtube has a ton of videos of the resulting smoke clouds made.

Back