LTFTs, p0300, P2177...

ms6DiGi

Contributor
:
Mazdaspeed6
I just got my car back from the shop to get my p0300 and p2177 checked out. They keep coming on and turning off since about 5k miles ago. Car sometimes has slightly rough idle, but sometimes when I turn it on its perfect and the codes are gone.
Mechanic couldn't find the problem, and the car does DRIVE fine it feels like.
I checked my fuel trims in my dashhawk on the drive home just because I was curious and the STFTs are fine, around 0. My LTFT shows around 18 though.. My mods are in the signature, and car is untuned. The mechanic checked out all simple things like spark plugs, vacuum leaks... I know my battery isnt doing great, could this have anything to do with it? Also I know with my TMIC and CAI I am pulling in a lot more air, so could this be normal? Would an Accessport or SU boost tubes possibly benefit me with these problems? (I'm already about to make the AP purchase, just trying to learn more about it.) Thanks!

the ap would be a major step foreward in allowing you to get your ltft's to around +-8% either way. 18 is quite high.

its not that its a bad thing. your ltft is a base addition or pull of fuel. the stft is compounded on as a kind of split second decision to add or pull fuel.
the two are doing their job to target the values the ecu has in its tables for a base commanded afr.

all of which, except stft and ltft values, can be edited with the ap.

thanks for all the help. also where should I go to get a base map to get started? I found a ton last year online and I just can't remember where.. Specific ones like MSCAI+TMIC+93... etc?

i think it was mzdspd.com, bova80 was the owner iirc, but the cobb website has some basic ones too.

Oh that definitely was it, but looks like that site is no longer up. Do these maps still exist somewhere on the web? I can't find anything anywhere except the few basic Cobb maps.

What are the codes for? I remember having those awhile ago, but don't remember what they were related to. Did you fix the issue that you had?
Don't even bother with AP until your car is running how it should without a tune. You don't have enough mods to f*ck it up to the point of crazy codes.

What are the codes for? I remember having those awhile ago, but don't remember what they were related to. Did you fix the issue that you had?
Don't even bother with AP until your car is running how it should without a tune. You don't have enough mods to f*ck it up to the point of crazy codes.

p0300: Random cylinder misfire which is gone but comes back once in a while. And p2177: system lean off idle. I'm pulling my MSCAI and replacing with a Cobb SRI this weekend to see if that helps. The code came back when Mazda Service guys moved my CAI an inch or two to install a new mounting bracket last month. Also got some silicone boost and recirc tubes to see if that might fix a possible leak. Tomorrow I will clean the MAF as well. I'll give updates. Car still drives perfect. My mechanic said they were emission codes that could be pointless but I'm still pushing forward to fix the problem.

Found a Purge Solenoid Valve and new EGR valve online, both for $106 shipped. I'm gonna get these two things replaced and that has GOT to fix some of my problems.

Cleaned MAF, changed Purge Valve, reset battery, aannnnnd NOTHING new. STFTs and LTFTs played hot potato with a 20.3% until it ultimately settled back into the LTFT. Next order of biz: Changing out some Vacuum hoses. EGR comes in on tuesday. Also Cobb SRI and AP are at UPS waiting for me to go get them. Hoping to get this figured out this week. Will keep updating.

Back