LSD questions

Jmike27

:
2001 Mazda Protege ES 5-speed
I have an '01 ES 5-speed and will be rebuilding the tranny soon. I know the car is not powerful but i want to upgrade the diff while the tranny is out and apart for future plans of more power and track days. I was going to get the welded msp lsd until i found out about the Mfactory. I have some concerns before i lay down the money though.

28 spline or 26? everyone ive seen gets the 28 but they have the msp, i do not. just want to be sure.

I want to get the installation kit from Crossover. Are the bearings and seals that come with that compatible with my axles? I know the msp has beefier axles so i need to be sure.

I plan on getting the lsd from speed circuit. It says to buy another ring gear because it requires machine work to remove the one on my factory diff. Is this true? ive read a ton of threads on this diff but have seen nobody discuss this ring gear issue. Id hate to have to spend another 100 bucks.

Is any kind of break in period needed with the new diff?

Sorry if these have already been answered elsewhere. I am rebuilding most the car and want it done right. I love this car. Any help is massively appreciated!

ok, so i found out the spline part is the same so i can use my axles. i still just need to know about the ring gear. do i need to buy another one?

Back