LS1 motor

If you have enough money I'd like to see some one make an awd protege, since y'all are naming off different things, I think an awd conversion would be easier

Rear end from the awd sport 20
Trans from the awd celica ( can handle plenty of power)
Custom adapter plate
Custom mounts
Custom axles and drive shafts
Build the fs for 400ish whp

And done and actually feasible and can probly be done for under 10-15k

Haha I was just curious LMAO! I definitly do not have the wallet to complete such a swap. Of making the MSP, vettespeed and changing the FWD to RWD transmission. I found a LS1 motor drop ready on racingjunk.com and it started the idea. I posted to see if the bay was big enough. I was bored at work what can I say lol. (lol2)

The most my MSP is going is to 400hp I'm just going to make a simple basic srt4 killer and daily driver. I already have my list built out for my MSP to reach the potential I want.

You can thank formula d for feeding the minds of the young for the LS1 idea haha. [HOONIGAN]

Haha I was just curious LMAO! I definitly do not have the wallet to complete such a swap. Of making the MSP, vettespeed and changing the FWD to RWD transmission. I found a LS1 motor drop ready on racingjunk.com and it started the idea. I posted to see if the bay was big enough. I was bored at work what can I say lol. (lol2)

The most my MSP is going is to 400hp I'm just going to make a simple basic srt4 killer and daily driver. I already have my list built out for my MSP to reach the potential I want.

You can thank formula d for feeding the minds of the young for the LS1 idea haha. [HOONIGAN]
I beat SRT4's now. They aren't that great. There are some pretty nicely modded ones around me that will walk away from me. But for your average bolt on SRT, they aren't that hard to pull on. No street racing involved by the way.

I beat SRT4's now. They aren't that great. There are some pretty nicely modded ones around me that will walk away from me. But for your average bolt on SRT, they aren't that hard to pull on. No street racing involved by the way.

Agreed. A buddy of mine had an SRT4 ACR running on like 19psi and really didn't pull too far ahead of me on a couple rolls.

hmmm, SRT4's around you must be ******* slow...
lol

tell me more about this SRT4 killing adventures.

If you have enough money I'd like to see some one make an awd protege, since y'all are naming off different things, I think an awd conversion would be easier

Rear end from the awd sport 20
Trans from the awd celica ( can handle plenty of power)
Custom adapter plate
Custom mounts
Custom axles and drive shafts
Build the fs for 400ish whp

And done and actually feasible and can probly be done for under 10-15k

you could get the dimensions from the AWD sport 20's...but those rear ends were 'light duty', designed to only get like 30% of the torque/power in any condition (not even using the FS-ZE iirc)...so using a better gearbox for more power, and a more rear biased coupling...would probably twist that rear diff and system right out of the car.

if we're dreaming, and who cares on money...i'd try to square up an FD RX7's rear sub frame, tank cradle, and suspension...those are proven to take massive amounts of punishment from crazy power. Even if straight up RWD; 400whp would be cake for it. but i'd then take an mx-5's front sub frame/engine cradle, fankenstien that in...Use a current all aluminum 4.0L V8 from an M3 (a very compact engine), and its gear box...use a Dinan twin turbo kit...easily slide around with 600whp. you'd be very close to Veyron power/weight ratios with that. The only other possible street cars to worry about would be a wildly modded GTR pushing 900 or more whp, or an ariel atom v8...which won't be touched. oh well, would still be a pretty cool car haha.

Give it a year or so and you'll see a RWD protege on the forums. That I know is a fact.

hmmm, SRT4's around you must be ******* slow...
lol

tell me more about this SRT4 killing adventures.

most of them I can't talk about on the forum. The other few were in a controlled environment. I live around Ft. Hood since I just got out of the army. Most of the guys around here pretty much have minor bolt ons and maybe a diablosport tuner since most of their money goes to their car payment.(guys straight out of training or back from a deployment) Those guys are easily beat without much effort. I don't know if it's how they drive or what the issue is, but it happened. I wasn't expecting to beat them. I just ran because, hey, it was a free event. A couple of them I pulled on. A few others with the diablosport tuner were pretty much neck and neck until he had to shift and I pulled a little bit. If he didn't have to shift, he probably would have pulled on me. It was really close. Now like I said earlier, there are a handful of nicely modded SRT's out here, built blocks, bigger turbo, cams. Those guys I stay away from..lol. I ran one at an event held on Ft. Hood and I might as well not even be in the car. Im not saying my car is fast by any means. But for the mods it had at the time, I think it held its own..lol. Im actually curious to see how it does now. I plan to dyno and track the car soon just for the hell of it. Hopefully, I'll be starting a build over the winter.

Lol I plan on making 400-600 in my 323 in a few months, and weighing in at 2500lbs itl be something worth seeing. But being that dsm stuff is gona be used itl probly break every time I drive it

And I'll probly be using an rx7 rear end

Back