Lowest Mileage MP5's

I think I win....374 miles. I have 2 Protege 5s, one I never used since I purchased it from my brother. That is the one with the low mileage.

My bro and I purchased 2 P5 in 2003 brand new. Bro found out his wife is pregnant again and needed a bigger car, he only had it for a month and I just love these cars so much I bought it from him. His car is stored at my Parents house in Oregon, I live in southern Calif. That's why it's never driven much. I'm actually here now in Oregon to take this picture. My Dad wants me to drive it home now, he wants his space back in his garage.

Attachments

• 171797882-M.jpg
    171797882-M.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
(wow) I can't believe that (rhetorical statement). That's got to be an odd experience (no offense).

That's probably the lowest mileage on a P5 evar (on earth).

(I'm really big on parenthetical citations.)

Last edited:
I think I win....374 miles. I have 2 Protege 5s, one I never used since I purchased it from my brother. That is the one with the low mileage.

My bro and I purchased 2 P5 in 2003 brand new. Bro found out his wife is pregnant again and needed a bigger car, he only had it for a month and I just love these cars so much I bought it from him. His car is stored at my Parents house in Oregon, I live in southern Calif. That's why it's never driven much. I'm actually here now in Oregon to take this picture. My Dad wants me to drive it home now, he wants his space back in his garage.

That's sick! I need to find one of those. Mine's currently sitting at 114k.

You Pwned every P5 driver

(wow) I can't believe that (rhetorical statement). That's got to be an odd experience (no offense).

That's probably the lowest mileage on a P5 evar (on earth).

(I'm really big on parenthetical citations.)

LMAO Dude, thats amazing, (iagree) that has to be the lowest on earth. You win! (thumb) I wonder how much that would sell for? Although it is an ATX...

wow, that's a disgrace. Your mazda has no "zoom zoom".

DRIVE IT!

ha

I have under 80k still because my wife never really drove it for a year when she was home with the baby.
It's gone on every vacation, every trip with the baby, hauls anything I buy at home depot and I load till the tires nearly rub, and it's driven up and down the eastcoast, the westcoat and across the country once.

Well it's gonna have some Zoom-Zoom after I drive it home from Portland Oregon to L.A. California. Although my other P5 at home (my daily driver) has about 60K in it. Yeah I'm up here in Oregon with my parents trying to avoid the smoke from the fires near my area.

Yeah, curious what trade-in would be on a 374 mile protege5.

my 2003.5 has just over ~57k miles but since January (when I picked up the isuzu i-mark) i might have put 750 miles on it? Sits in the garage waiting for a sunny day. I still get the oil changed every 3 months since they are free at the mazda dealer I bought it from. The basic reason is the p5 being a 135hp auto sport-shift weighing in at a hefty 3600 lbs compared to the 140hp 5spd 1700lb Isuzu, I seem to want to drive it more?

Well it's gonna have some Zoom-Zoom after I drive it home from Portland Oregon to L.A. California. Although my other P5 at home (my daily driver) has about 60K in it. Yeah I'm up here in Oregon with my parents trying to avoid the smoke from the fires near my area.

If you plan on keeping it (like in a showcase :D) or otherwise, ...don't forget... you still have to break it in!

After all these years of it sitting there the gas is probably bad (if any), the battery is probably dead, the oil hasn't circulated which means the gaskets are probably degraded. Just because it doesn't have many miles doesn't necessarily mean it's a good thing. I wouldn't be surprised if the motor is f*ckd. And the motor wouldn't be the only thing wrong.
But I hope the best, and tell me what happens with it. : ) good luck.

After all these years of it sitting there the gas is probably bad (if any), the battery is probably dead, the oil hasn't circulated which means the gaskets are probably degraded. Just because it doesn't have many miles doesn't necessarily mean it's a good thing. I wouldn't be surprised if the motor is f*ckd. And the motor wouldn't be the only thing wrong.
But I hope the best, and tell me what happens with it. : ) good luck.

yeah not to mention the auto tranny! But you never know if its been started and let to run to full operational temps as well as cycled though the gears.

Your good...

At the rate your going You'll hit 40 before I will, I only drive mine to work and home... When I take the whole Fam out, I use the Jeep...

I might have low miles... but I don't drive her with any mercy... ask Kronixkid

Haha, It's true, and neither did I until I blew my engine. haha

Back