Low fuel pressure need help!!!!!

Bret Adkins

:
07 Mazda cx7
I keep looking and just can't find what can help me. I have a 07 cx7 I know this isn't the page for it but you guys would know more about it. I have put in a used but good hpfp well I think that's what the guy said. But still the same problem. I'm only getting 50 to 70 of fuel pressure. What is going on?? I'm very lost and really need help. Please thank you

I'm assuming you have the turbo engine. How are you measuring fuel pressure? You need a scantool to measure fuel rail pressure via the OBD2 port.

There are two pumps. Be sure you are measuring fuel rail pressure, which is post hpfp. You need to know the output from that port.

If you can read the fuel rail pressure and you are still really getting that pressure at the injectors (which should exceed 1600 psi under load) you should not drive your car without finding the source of the problem and fixing it. It may just be a line leak. Pump internals are replaceable if the piston is worn. Internals are about $350 IIRC. You may need a complete pump. I repeat, if rail pressure is below 1600 psi under load, you risk a lean out and disaster.

Last edited:
Yes I have a obd2 tool that's how I'm getting my reading. And yes the turbo 2.3. This is the 2nd pump in the car but both our used. I have two codes. P2177 and p2188. Idk if it's the pump or what's going on. List of new parts I have put on are, up and down stream o2, maf, plugs. I'm just so lost

Im asking if you are measuring rail pressure. Not the pressure of the primary pump. What is that description of that field or pid on your scantool? Just wanting to be sure.

This sounds like an internals issue. Sounds like your internals have seized. What hpfp are you running? Completely stock?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is a tool that a friend of mine has for is street car. Has an app on his phone and reads off the obd2 tool. It's reading rail pressor. I'm getting a lean off idol and a rich at idol codes. It's a stock 07 cx7 nothing done at all. Just want to make sure before I buy a new oem pump. I put a used one on that had 160k on it so I'm sure that one was bad also. Just trying to make sure

I have found my problem. I just put on a oem hpfp and nothing changed. But I found that I'm not getting the voltage to my hpfp that it needs. What is the problem to make it so that?

See my post in your other thread. Check to see if the metal hose clamp screw on your intercooler coupler to the turbo is fraying the wires on your ECU wiring harness. This is a known source of electrical problems.

Back