low and high beams stay on at the same time....hmmm

VZQZ

:
2003 Mazda Protege5
hi guys, so the other day replaced my alternator and since the bad one had blown out my low and high beams, i got new ones... anyways, now when i turn the high beams on, the fog lights turn off (like they used to) but instead of my low beams turning off as well, they stay on... this didn't use to happen before... it makes me wonder why it's doing that and/or if it could cause damage or make my car go thru more light bulbs more often... any ideas, thoughts or comments?????????????(uhm)

Mine stay on at the same time and so do my brothers on his 02 P5. Its done that since he bought his and he is the only owner as he bought it brand new. Sedan's are the ones that alternate as I used to have an 01 LX 2.0.

Oh ok thanks guys. I just couldn't remember if they were supposed to stay on as well. All i remember was the fogs turning off when switchin to high beams. Cool!!

I thought i saw a thread about something like that while i was searchin for my answer. I'll look again and get back to you if i find it.

I have a MSP that I put the CDM black P5 headlights on and am trying to figure out how to get the low beams to stay on when I switch to high-beams. Will doing the foglight mod accomplish this (since the wiring is the same) or am I 'SOL' since the MSP headlight relays are designed for a single bulb setup and the P5 is a dual bulb?

Latest posts

Back