loud rattle at cold starts...

glanata86

:
2007 mazdaspeed 6 gt
my ms6 started making this loud rattle noise when its cold i last maybe a second or so and the goes away...does anyone have any idea of what could it be? im thinking maybe chain tensioner? guides? idk im gonna take it to mazda monday and see what they say... thanks

Vvti actuator. Common problem in the early mzr turbo motors. When the oil pressure goes up the pressure stops the rattle.

thanks. i have 52k miles on the car that should be cover under powertrain warranty right? i also found the tsb they have about it....

As long as it isn't out of warranty it should be. No cost to you. Just make sure you don't have any mods on when you go see them. The dealer I went to for a few simple things basically told me to shove it. It's sad when I know more about the car and what was wrong with it than them. But it's a 4 hour drive from me to the dealer. So I just fixed it all myself. What's a few bucks? I like doing my own work, so I know it's done right!

Yep thats the same thing that is wrong with my car. I'm going to get it fixed soon. I just have to find a day to take off of work and go.

just got my car fixed at my dealer here in bradenton they kept my car for 2 days lol but its runing fine now...

well mazda did it under warranty, they replaced the the vvt (variable valve timing accuator)

Back