Looking to purchase MZ5 and join the community!

As far as maintenance is concerned, I'd be most worried about the transmission fluid. I get mine changed about every 30k, its cheap insurance. There is no maintenance interval for it or the brake fluid. Make sure they both get done.

Well guys, im about the pull the trigger on a 2012 GT Copper Mica Red with 83K for 9900 OTD. Not sure about its maintenance history or anything. Anything I should change/replace right away? Thanks

If it was me I'd replace the:

1) ATF fluid 3x drain & fill - drive a bit between fills
2) Engine oil
3) Drain & replace brake fluid - just bleed all brakes & use a quart of fluid
4) Drain & replace power steering fluid.

5) check belt tensioner for stretched belt & replace if necessary
6) check rear tires for uneven wear
7) check brake shoes for wear

congrats

Regarding the vibration, the rotors on these cars warp pretty easily. Either live with the vibration or see if they are machinable(if there is enough metal left). I've had mine machined before and it goes away for a while, then it comes back. I'm still on my original rotors in the rear and have only changed the fronts once.

Sounds like a bad sensor on the window.

I wouldn't worry about the light on the seat switch.

Congrats on the purchase.

Thanks! Update the front page with some pictures!

I guess i can live with the vibration, but i think it also has to do with motor mounts. I've ordered some OE mounts and will replace them all soon.

As far as maintenance is concerned, I'd be most worried about the transmission fluid. I get mine changed about every 30k, its cheap insurance. There is no maintenance interval for it or the brake fluid. Make sure they both get done.

Bought some valvoline maxlife ATF from walmart. going to do the 3x drain and fill method with that stuff between oil changes.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Valvoline...utomatic-Transmission-Fluid-1-Gallon/15125768
a2824f9a-c7ef-484c-96e0-d31017c86c72_1.d4537556a99a4b0cf46caba0cb003992.jpeg

I haven't thought about brake fluid though. Is it something i can diy? Any recommendations on fluid and how-to?

If it was me I'd replace the:

1) ATF fluid 3x drain & fill - drive a bit between fills
2) Engine oil
3) Drain & replace brake fluid - just bleed all brakes & use a quart of fluid
4) Drain & replace power steering fluid.

5) check belt tensioner for stretched belt & replace if necessary
6) check rear tires for uneven wear
7) check brake shoes for wear

congrats

Thanks!

My powersteering fluid seems to be overfilled. It was above the MAX line, like almost to the brim. I wonder what that's all about. But if this is something i can diy, can you suggest fluid and an how-to?

So i've replaced the serpentine belt with a continental brand from amazon. It had good reviews. It wasn't the easiest to get on there. I had to release tension, WHILE turning the crank to get the belt to squeeze on there. But once on its good and tight.

I also realized that the idler pulley and tensioner pulley had a little jiggle to them. I'm going to order those parts and replace them as well.

I'm coming from a 2007 honda crv and to be honest, i've never had issues like this before. Mazda quality? I guess not up to honda standards.

Last edited:
The power steering has no return line so the volume in your reservoir basically just sits on the pump. It's OK if it's over the line. If it's up to the cap, just remove a little. No biggie.

The power steering has no return line so the volume in your reservoir basically just sits on the pump. It's OK if it's over the line. If it's up to the cap, just remove a little. No biggie.

Thanks! noted.

Also, I got a p0455 [Small Evap Leak] cel.
Swapped to a new, Stan gas cap. CEL still on.

I've been searching online for a possible fix, and folks seems to suggest its a purge solenoid/valve.

Has this been an issue on 2012 MZ5's?

Latest posts

Back