Longest on a tankfull

SNike05 said:
wow that is very impressive.

Yep, it is, but I'm a bit sceptical. I will double check at next fill up, just in case it's just a fluke.

Honestly, the P5 is going very very well lately, better than ever. It's never run this smooth, which is good, makes me :D .

Red Baron said:
Yep, it is, but I'm a bit sceptical. I will double check at next fill up, just in case it's just a fluke.

Honestly, the P5 is going very very well lately, better than ever. It's never run this smooth, which is good, makes me :D .

I find that my car is very moody sometimes it drives so smooth like a champ and other days its rough and really resistive. I think it really has to do with temperature and humidity

Getting worse...

Last winter has been pretty bad. Gas mileage has been the worse ever. Was close to 10L/100km all winter, and now close to 9L/100km. New spark plugs and cleaned the K&N...should get better. Damn this car is moody, even though I always drive it the same way on the same roads. Or could it be that the petrol companies have change their formulas and the thing simply burns "faster"?

Now seriously contemplating going back to Honda (Civic LX 2 door).

im getting 13L/100km on my mazda3 GT

I got it form the dealer 2 days ago, the tank is at 1/4 and im really dissapointed, ive only done 300km with it. Although i did kick the living s**** out of it as soon as i took it out of the dealer, i hope this wont affect my mpg on later fill ups

Nope. Sorry. I have the new "record".

That is ~1227 kilometers on a single tank (extrapolated). Last week-end. Thanks you very much. (nana)

From Quebec city to Toronto and beyond. Cruise control all the way on [2500..2600] RPM. 100% highway.

I mentionned extrapolated because I did not burn all the tank. I re-filled 44 liters in Toronto with 986km scored. 11 liters left in the tank out of a maximum possible of 55 liters. Simple maths.. over 1220 kilometers.

55 - 44 = 11
986 / 44 = 21.9 km/liter
21.9 * 11 = 241.25 km.

986 + 241.25 = 1227.25 km

Hullo!

I truly want to believe, but find it hard to. I've had the P5 for over 6 years, and my VERY best is 710.3km, driving like an old fart, and I dumped 52 litres of gas in the tank! And driving at 2500-2600 RPM on the 401, you were at what, 85km/h? Not sure you would have survived the maniacs on that road...

Re-do the math, even 900km is stretching it.

That is ~1227 kilometers on a single tank (extrapolated). Last week-end. Thanks you very much. (nana)

From Quebec city to Toronto and beyond. Cruise control all the way on [2500..2600] RPM. 100% highway.

I mentionned extrapolated because I did not burn all the tank. I re-filled 44 liters in Toronto with 986km scored. 11 liters left in the tank out of a maximum possible of 55 liters. Simple maths.. over 1220 kilometers.

55 - 44 = 11
986 / 44 = 21.9 km/liter
21.9 * 11 = 241.25 km.

986 + 241.25 = 1227.25 km

I just calculated it for the first time and i did 475km with 45 liters. I drove most of the time under 3000RPM and did 90% of my driving in the city (50-60km/h) and 10% on the highway (70-105km/h).

Yup, 10.5L/100km is about right for city driving.

I just calculated it for the first time and i did 475km with 45 liters. I drove most of the time under 3000RPM and did 90% of my driving in the city (50-60km/h) and 10% on the highway (70-105km/h).

i hit around 600's but i makes a huges difference if i drive agressively. And i fill up 1's a week 70$ so 250 a month.

Hey guys, long time lurker first time poster. My record is 750km on one tank; that's from gas all the way to the cap down to about 30km past the low gas light. All highway at about 120km/h with four season tires on. I just did the same trip again with winter tires on and got about 700km to the tank.

That's the very best you'll ever get Falco. Engine must be in good condition. Don't know about your gas tank, but I can put 6L more after the fuel pump stops. How about you?

My P5 is now over 7 years old, 198755km on the odometer, and mileage is 9L/100km on average lately. Still on the original ignition coils/wires, so I bet that is one of the reason why I get crappy fuel mileage. I might get 650km on a tankfull max as it is now. Timing belt/fuel pump is next major fix on the list...will see about the ignition parts later ($$$).

Cheers.

Hey guys, long time lurker first time poster. My record is 750km on one tank; that's from gas all the way to the cap down to about 30km past the low gas light. All highway at about 120km/h with four season tires on. I just did the same trip again with winter tires on and got about 700km to the tank.

That's the very best you'll ever get Falco. Engine must be in good condition. Don't know about your gas tank, but I can put 6L more after the fuel pump stops. How about you?

My P5 is now over 7 years old, 198755km on the odometer, and mileage is 9L/100km on average lately. Still on the original ignition coils/wires, so I bet that is one of the reason why I get crappy fuel mileage. I might get 650km on a tankfull max as it is now. Timing belt/fuel pump is next major fix on the list...will see about the ignition parts later ($$$).

Cheers.

Mine is a 2003, about 155000km on the meter still with the original ignition. I get about the same thing when I fill her up to the cap 5-7 litters more depending on how soon the pump usually stops. I'll get in the low 8km/100km with the winter tires on and low 7s with the four seasons. That trip was Montreal to Windsor on the 401, windows up, no AC and on the cruise control. I'm pretty sure I can break the 800km mark if I slowed down to 90-100km, but that would be boring !!

Back