Long time Member but finally introducing myself

Team_FS

:
2006 Mazdaspeed 6
Hey everyone.

I've had an MS6 and been a member of this forum for more than 2 years now. I hadn't really been a part of the forums except for getting info and parts, but I want to finally introduce myself. Name is Mike. My car is a daily driver, I haven't really modded it much since college keeps me broke. I actually decided to mod a little bit when I had my VVT actuator replaced with the DCR just within the past week. I just past 111111 miles on the odo, so parts probably need replacing soon.

Actually, when I got my car back after the VVT replacement, the mechanic said that the car had a huge loss in power throughout the entire range. Yes, there was boost; timing is perfect; compression is good; there was no CEL; I couldn't find any leaks; and clutch was fine. When i drove it, there was no power at all. I even struggled to go up a hill in 1st. Mechanic was a great guy and offered to pay for the diagnosis at a Mazda dealership. I dropped it off at Mazda, and Mazda just told me that the catalytic converters were red hot. So, I guess they're crapped out and need to replace them, but I'm going to check it out myself after I get the car from them tomorrow.

So, yeah, that's my story. It's a pleasure to be finally part of this forum. From what I read, you all seem like great people. So, I'll contribute where ever I can. Pic of my car is attached.

Attachments

• IMG00203-20100819-1544.jpg
    IMG00203-20100819-1544.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 175
Welcome Mike and thanks for joining Mazdas247!

Got an update on those catalytic converters and more pics? :D

Well, I got it back and they confirmed with me that the converters are gone, both the pre-cat and the converter along with the o2 sensors. I saw i tried looking at it myself but couldn't get under it. Since I couldn't far, I left it at my friend's place. They told me that a misfire would cause my converters to go bad. I did run on a misfire for a bit cause I couldn't cover the cost of the VVT replacement right away. Sucks, cause I'm a commuter and daily drive the car over the school year.

Anyway, I guess it's time to go aftermarket and get a downpipe. I would like a high-flow cat still to keep the CEL off. I see most people have the CP-E, but I also noticed corksport released a downpipe with a high-flow cat not too long ago. Once I get this done, I'll go for the AP then the fuel pump upgrade. Comments and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

I'll attach pics soon, but I need to look through my stuff first.

I guess my last post was affected by that issue that the forum had last week.

Anyway, sorry for not knowing, but how would a downpipe cause me to replace my turbo? Unless your talking about aftermarket downpipes in general?

Last edited:
So, I got the downpipe and replaced the cats, but my car still has no power. I check the fuel pressure but it still seems good. I am getting AutoTechs installed soon though. I couldn't find any leaks. I tried replacing the MAF sensor another one, but the problem still exists. I am going to check the plugs tomorrow if I have time between work and classes. Is there anything else?

I noticed the CEL was blinking when the key is on 'ON' position, but it goes away when the car starts. I had gas around 40 secs. Any help on this?

I'm going to revive this thead as I'm still having problems. The car isn't startinganymore. I replaced the plugs and a new maf but nothing. I have a u0100 code when I use a scanner but I have no cel. Any advice?

Back