Local speed 6 (grey) written off, GI on parts/worth buying it back

zinger002

:
2006 Mazda Mazdaspeed6
So a local forum member had his car written off and has the opportunity to buy it back.

380017_10151133988525557_538785556_22696937_1887364011_n.jpg

Im trying to help him gauge if its worth buying back, insurance wants $3500

i see easily 3k in undamaged parts with about a days work, not even counting the rims.
I believe the airbags deployed, and from the pictures it looks like it.
Is anyone looking for like drive shafts, calipers, suspension, swaybars, tail lights, trunk lid, doors, mirrors, left headlamp, fog light, tmic, intake, exhaust.... anything thats not damaged can be easily pulled.
If anyone is looking for something please post here, this is not a for sale ad, im just seeing if people are looking for parts and to see if it would be worth the guys time.

Thanks.

Last edited:
So a local forum member had his car written off and has the opportunity to buy it back.

380017_10151133988525557_538785556_22696937_1887364011_n.jpg

Im trying to help him gauge if its worth buying back, insurance wants $3500

i see easily 3k in undamaged parts with about a days work, not even counting the rims.
I believe the airbags deployed, and from the pictures it looks like it.
Is anyone looking for like drive shafts, calipers, suspension, swaybars, tail lights, trunk lid, doors, mirrors, left headlamp, fog light, tmic, intake, exhaust.... anything thats not damaged can be easily pulled.
If anyone is looking for something please post here, this is not a for sale ad, im just seeing if people are looking for parts and to see if it would be worth the guys time.

Thanks.

I wouldnt see a problem earning a profit parting this out....I would if I were you.
motor alone would get you at least half of that as long as its good?
plus wheels and whatever mods we arent seeing...
reguar 6 guys are looking for the speed real spoiler all the time.

just for starters her are some parts I would be interested in depending on price and condition of course.

leather interior if in good shape especially if heated and then center console too with the heater buttons. (of course shipping would kill this deal for me)

but these may be able to be shipped

both rear bumper exhaust surround black plastic inserts.
and
both mirrors (if heated)

Last edited:
damn, if it was local I'd cough up $3500 in a heartbeat! There are a ton of parts to sell- just a quick run through I'm coming up with 5-6K in parts, no doubt there's more. Parting out has the highest return value, it just takes some time.

There's a speed6 part-out on MSF that has seen steady activity for a long time, and many there were disappointed to find the parts they wanted were already gone- Instant customer base.....

Haha. ******* msf took this post down because I didn't pay for VIP.

I don't see anything wrong with trying to see if its worth helping the community. Haltech didn't take it down, one of his global mods did.
I never mentioned a price or tried to sell anything. Just asking if there was a market.

lolz-
Didjya follow the MSF rules? nope
Did MSF do what the rules say happens when you don't follow the rules? Yup

Doesn't take much brotha :)
And heaven knows that my VIP cost has paid for itself over & over & over again! That place is like a post-graduate class on tuning

I don't get it though. Nothings for sale.
I'm looking to get opinions and see if its worth it. Oh well. Msf members won't be getting first choice on parts.

Well, take it for granted that they would buy the parts. There are so few MS6's to pick over and pretty much all of us MS6 owners need something or another. Thing is, it needs to be the other guy that posts it, and he has to meet the requirements. Like all forums now they just don't want to deal with anything other than verified first hand.

I appreciate that a full blown part out is a bit more massive and long term than a used intake or something, but since msf has the biggest presence, they get abused the worst. So, they react in the ever so classic MSF fashion.

I'm no major msf fanboi, my primary home is still 6club, and I just recently started hanging in all 4 forums again since I set em up to feed new posts to me via rss in google reader. (24/7, 6crew, 6club & msf) If I see something interesting or that I can help with I go post, reagrdless of forum or sub-forum.

PM me,
I need a trunk floor. and carpet. don't ask I don't know where it is.
BLACK? I need the hard fold up floor and carpet.

thanks

3500 is a good price for so little damage.. def buy it and part out!

i'm still debating whether to pay msf for vip or not :/

Last edited:
If you still have the stock Bose sub in working condition, I'd be interested. Would need it shipped to Calgary. Let me know...

Back