Little Oil Leak Spots in Garage !

Dino1956

Just had my car checked out but lately I'm noticing little oil leak spots from underneath the passenger side of the car on my Garage floor. The spots are the size of dime. I had my mechanic check it out about 2 weeks ago & he said there was some oil around the oil filter left over from a previous sloppy oil change, I'm guessing. But he & a Mazda mechanic said no oil was leaking. It's hard to get under these cars but I scootched under & could not see anything leaking. Any thoughts ?

maybe when your old oil filter was tooken off the seal was stuck on your motor, now there could be two seals ( old one and new one) i've seen this happen in garages, make sure you get it checked, and when taking off the olf filter make sure the seal is on it!good luck

mazda protege 2 said:
maybe when your old oil filter was tooken off the seal was stuck on your motor, now there could be two seals ( old one and new one) i've seen this happen in garages, make sure you get it checked, and when taking off the olf filter make sure the seal is on it!good luck
my friend whom i bought the car off of, had the last oil change done at Sears. Do you think it could just be excess dripping where they left a mess of oil ? And that when the car heats up after a long drive it drip ? It only drips after a drive. No dripping when it's standing still. Reason being, I just got it checked for leaks and both places saw no leaks. Thanks.

it could be, but i think there is two seals on the block, this happens at the shop, it just doesnt want to come off the old oil filter, but it could be acess , or maybe the filter or drain plug is loose

Got it checked out today. Just as I thought, Oil left over from Oil Filter, occasionally dripping off where it was spilled, when it was changed 2000 miles ago. First time I saw the car from underneath, on a lift. She looked good.

I know, old thread but it shows I searched. :)

Has anyone ever had their front and/or rear crank seals leak? My 2000 DX [1.6] has got both leaking at 152-K. Is this common at high miles?

Back