Like/dislike game: RX7 edition

:
86' RX-7 modded
OK here is how it works.. this is for those who either OWN or have OWNED an RX7.. NOT RX8, not I own a protege but wish I had or ave drivin an RX7 but those who HAVE owned and drove or do now RX7

Put down 1 like and 1 dislike, make sure u put donw what seiers it is for (FB, FC, FD) then wait for the next person to answer before u put another one down.. DO NOT put 1 like and 1 dislike for EVERY series on 1 post.

Handling on the FC RX7.. It handles like on rails when the cars suspension is either fresh or has been refreshened up. Even when the car has 20 years they still handle VERY WELL unless of course u have a blown or busted bushing/strut/spring

DISLIKE
FD interior... For such a nice car, they really cheapened the car up with all the plastic that breaks, cracks and looks just CHEAP

Interesting thread:

Like:
All series handling and sound. Nothing is like the sound of a opened up rotary engine at redline screaming away

Dislike:
The fc weighs quite a bit with all the extra crap they put on it. Never thought a late 80's sports car would weigh more than my protege

the power capabilites of a nuice tuned 12a with a bigger carb FB of course.

DISLIKE
RATS NEST!!! Pretty much and rotary but FC is what I am refering to

the way my FC fits me like a glove

dislike
when i hit a puddle at any speed over 40, i am pretty much just along for the ride

lol now is that YOUR fc problem or any... because my fc did well in wet conditions (until I turbo charged it and sp'd it lol)

DISLIKE
FC red interior

Like:
The car has been around long enough that some many DIY projects have been tried and work

Dislike:

The convertible has so many parts that are specific to the car, they all break, and are all more expensive than the coupe parts

Aftermarket availibility is getting much better for what there really is to do to an RX7

DISLIKES
FC models still seem to call to much money to buy one when actually the car is not anywhere near what people ask for them.

Dislike:

FB looks as a whole. I dont hate the car, its an rx7 and i love all rx7s but if i were to get one, ill leave it alone. I cant find myself spending and dumping money into an old car of that caliber.

LIke:

I absolutely LOVE the way the FD looks. The car needs nothing more but a drop and some wheels. The timeless design will make heads turns for DECADES to come. I love the tight cockpit, makes you feel like you're in a real race car. Gauges are laid out nicely, as well as the center console. Shifter is in perfect reach. Its just a sexy machine :)

OK here is how it works.. this is for those who either OWN or have OWNED an RX7.. NOT RX8, not I own a protege but wish I had or ave drivin an RX7 but those who HAVE owned and drove or do now RX7

Put down 1 like and 1 dislike, make sure u put donw what seiers it is for (FB, FC, FD) then wait for the next person to answer before u put another one down.. DO NOT put 1 like and 1 dislike for EVERY series on 1 post.

Handling on the FC RX7.. It handles like on rails when the cars suspension is either fresh or has been refreshened up. Even when the car has 20 years they still handle VERY WELL unless of course u have a blown or busted bushing/strut/spring

DISLIKE
FD interior... For such a nice car, they really cheapened the car up with all the plastic that breaks, cracks and looks just CHEAP

WHHHHHAAAAAT?!?!? are you high!?!?!? the FD interior is ******* sexy bro what are u talking about!? do you even have an FD?? bro.... mazda did a great job with the interior of the car, it gives the car a true enthusisit feel to it!! (enguard)

Like: Smooth, consistent power at all RPM in my FC.

Dislike: All the broken interior plastic parts in my FC and the fact that they break in almost ALL FC's making replacements hard to find.

WHHHHHAAAAAT?!?!? are you high!?!?!? the FD interior is ******* sexy bro what are u talking about!? do you even have an FD?? bro.... mazda did a great job with the interior of the car, it gives the car a true enthusisit feel to it!! (enguard)

lol chill dude, people are entitled to their own opinions.

There are ALOT of flaws the FD had, i still believe mazda was on drugs when they designed the FD. I mean plastic air eliminator tank, complicated twin turbo, misc plastic pieces that always break. The precat!!! Omg lol

But yeah the interior had plastic pieces because they wanted the car to stay light. Corvettes and vipers have plastic parts and they cost ALOT more than the FD brand new.

It was meant to kick ass on the track and on the street, it was never intended to be luxury.

However i strongly still believe the interior is as modern as you can get, even if its over 15 years old. I never stop getting complements on how nice my interior is. And i didnt do much to it.

I never said it wasn't nice... I love the looks of the interior.. all I said was it is, like all FC's/FD's too CHEAP.. They have all the plastic stuff that gets so damn brittle and breaks easily...

It is a problem with almost any car out there now a days... I just think for "that car" a better QUALITY interior would have been a plus.

Likes: Driving my FC vert with the top down and wind blowing in my hair on a nice day and the TURBO kicking ass when it's need it!

Dislikes: When it rains, it leaks. Bad blind spots with the top up.

Dislikes: NA transmissions.

I guess you have never had an FD interior door pull come off in your hand when you close the door, lol

Like:FC Engine bay space. You could fit a powerstroke diesel in there.

Dislike: FC front diff mount doesn't hold up too well.

^^actually its the exterior handles that are known to break and fall off when you pull on them lol

But lucky for me, i NEVER had ANY of the faultly exterior/interior mishaps FD's are known for.

I honestly think i been lucky with my FD *knock on wood*

like: the smooth yet intimidating sound of a mildly street ported 12a
and handling and the double takes you get when in one =]

dislike: cost/availability of replacement parts

Back