light weight hood and hatch needed...

Lurch

:
Protege Rally Car
Attn. hood makers.

I need a lightweight hood and hatch made for the Mazda3 Rally Car.

The hood on the Protege Rally Car weighs 5 pounds. It is 2 layers of carbon, a 10mm foam core, and then 2 more layers on the inside.

I figured that since some of you guys already have the molds, someone might be interested in doing this, as it entails less materials/work than your standard carbon hoods.

Not super fussy about surface quality...it is a race car. Do NOT want layers of clear gel coat on it...it will be painted and its okay if the carbon or the score marks on the foam or other core show through slightly. Vac bag is a must. No undertray. No provision for a hood latch...pins only. I would like two aluminum tap blocks molded into the back corners of the hood use original hinges. hood must support a carbon fiber lamp pod with 4 rally lights.

Anyone interested in quoting me a price?

Thanks,
Lurch
Burmeister Rallysport

Attn. hood makers.

I need a lightweight hood and hatch made for the Mazda3 Rally Car.

The hood on the Protege Rally Car weighs 5 pounds. It is 2 layers of carbon, a 10mm foam core, and then 2 more layers on the inside.

I figured that since some of you guys already have the molds, someone might be interested in doing this, as it entails less materials/work than your standard carbon hoods.

Not super fussy about surface quality...it is a race car. Do NOT want layers of clear gel coat on it...it will be painted and its okay if the carbon or the score marks on the foam or other core show through slightly. Vac bag is a must. No undertray. No provision for a hood latch...pins only. I would like two aluminum tap blocks molded into the back corners of the hood use original hinges. hood must support a carbon fiber lamp pod with 4 rally lights.

Anyone interested in quoting me a price?

Thanks,
Lurch
Burmeister Rallysport

Back