LF: Hard plastic back seat covers

themagni

:
2007 Mazda 5 GT
A few months ago, someone posted an accessory for the Mazda5. It was a hard plastic covering for the rear cargo area and rear seats that stayed on. It seemed to bolt into place. I remember a drawing of a wet umbrella on the picture.

I do some diving, and I'd like to avoid putting salt-water-soaked gear into the nice new car's cloth seats. Also, some of the gear is heavy, and I've noticed a little paint transfer from where some stuff has been rubbing.

It might have only been available in Japan, but I'd like to know what it was so I can find out how to get it.

I couldn't find after searching the forum, and all I could find on Mazda's site was the softer plastic lining.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Thank you.

Japan Only

I have one of these and it secures itself with velcro to the fabric on the back of the seats. I got mine in Japan when I was over there for work and have not seen it anywhere here. Three of the folks I know with 5's REALLY want one as it's great for a wet dog or gear but can;t find it.

Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for.

Does anyone read Japanese? I translated it as "ha ha, you can't buy this from your local dealer."

Does it fit in a North American M5? Seems like a silly question, but I'm curious if there are different bumps or placements.

m5rackhr7.jpg

Japan Only

That is exactly what I bought when I was over there with work and it fits perfectly into my 2006. The dog is not too thrilled with the thing as it's not too comfortable but when he's wet it's a god send. We have had some groceries spill over in the back and it keeps everything nicely contained until the clean up can begin.

They anchor in with velcro on the back of each piece but I had to add some double sided tape to the ones that mount on the back of the chairs as I also have the Mazda seat covers and the velcro didn't grab onto the neo-prene type materil in the covers.

I would totally recommend them if you can hold of them.

i really need those. i'm beating the heck out of my interior. when i know in advance i put 1/2 thick cardboard back there. But recently i came across two vintage bicycles for $15 and couldn't pass them up. One pedal almost ripped through the fabric. wish the seats folded out of the way.

Selections and options we get here are so poor in comparison

Hi themagni, I believe it was me who originally mentioned and posted that plastic cover / tray in this forum. I think most people who responded were saying they would opt for something else due to its high price.

Anyway, I was traveling in Hokkaido 3 weeks ago and so I thought I would stop by Mazda in Sapporo to pick up a few accessories since it was quite close to the Sapporo Factory Museum that I was planning to visit one day. To my surprise, their parts department did not have any of the items that I wanted to buy. The 3 accessories I was asking about were seat belt clip, entry door handle, and the liftgate mirror.

ashcan67, may I ask which Mazda dealer you bought your accessories at? did you have to order them in advance?

Attachments

• B-pillar handle.JPG
    B-pillar handle.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 193
  • Belt retainer.JPG
    Belt retainer.JPG
    13.4 KB · Views: 198
  • Rear mirror.JPG
    Rear mirror.JPG
    23.8 KB · Views: 197
Well, I would like one of these too, can someone contact mazda japan and see if we can arrange a group buy?

If anyone has ever tried to vacuum the Mazda "felt" carpet, they will know just how much fun it can be. (protest)

let me talk to the parts department and see if we can get that part here in toronto, for those who doesn't know, i work at scarboro mazda in toronto.

i actually just walk by parts department today and saw a soft cargo liner for the mazda 5 that looks similar to the one shown here.

Well, I would like one of these too, can someone contact mazda japan and see if we can arrange a group buy?

If anyone has ever tried to vacuum the Mazda "felt" carpet, they will know just how much fun it can be. (protest)

amen to that. how much friggin suction power do you need to get it clean?? i mean really.

i'm in on the group buy if it happens.

So, if I read that brochure correctly-at today's exchange rates
17,430 Yen = $164 US
16,800 Yen = $158 US

At those prices plus shipping from Japan, are people as interested?

you know i just realized it doesn't cover the second row seating, and truthfully that is the area i'm having trouble with. so no. my bad.

Back