Learn your lessons Civilian scum

boostisgood

:
1988 FC3S TII
Razor, and everone else that has served, and been apart from your family, this is for US. :D I got this in a email, and thought I would share this.

I sat in my seat of the Boeing 767 waiting for everyone to hurry and stow their carry-ons and grab a seat so we could start what I was sure to be a long, uneventful flight home. With the huge capacity and slow moving people taking their time to stuff luggage far too big for the overhead and never paying
much attention to holding up the growing line behind them, I simply shook my head knowing that this flight was not starting out very well.

I was anxious to get home to see my loved ones so I was focused on "my" issues and just felt like standing up and yelling for some of these clowns to get their act together. I knew I couldn't say a word so I just thumbed thru the "Sky Mall"
magazine from the seat pocket in front of me. You know it's really getting rough when you resort to the over priced, useless sky mall crap to break the monotony.

With everyone finally seated, we just sat there with the cabin door open and no one in any hurry to get us going although we were well past the scheduled take off time. No wonder the airline industry is in trouble I told myself. Just then, the
attendant came on the intercom to inform us all that we were being delayed.

The entire plane let out a collective groan. She resumed speaking to say "We are holding the aircraft for some very special people who are on their way to the plane and the delay shouldn't be more than 5 minutes. The word came after waiting six
times as long as we were promised that "I" was finally going to be on my way home. Why the hoopla over "these" folks? I was expecting some celebrity or sport figure to be the reason for the hold up.........Just get their butts in a seat and
lets hit the gas I thought.

The attendant came back on the speaker to announce in a loud and excited voice that we were being joined by several U. S. Marines returning home from Iraq!!! Just as they walked on board, the entire plane erupted into applause. The men were a
bit taken by surprise by the 340 people cheering for them as they searched for their seats. They were having their hands shook and touched by almost everyone who was within an
arm's distance of them as they passed down the aisle. One elderly woman kissed the hand of one of the Marines as he passed by her. The applause, whistles and cheering didn't
stop for a long time. When we were finally airborne, "I" was not the only civilian checking his conscience as to the delays in "me" getting home, finding my easy chair, a cold beverage
and the remote in my hand.

These men had done for all of us and I had been complaining silently about "me" and "my" issues. I took for granted the everyday freedoms I enjoy and the conveniences of the
American way of life I took for granted others paid the price for my ability to moan and complain about a few minutes delay to "me" those Heroes going home to their loved ones.
I attempted to get my selfish outlook back in order and minutes before we landed I suggested to the attendant that she announce over the speaker a request for everyone
to remain in their seats until our hero's were allowed to gather their things and be first off the plane. The cheers
and applause continued until the last Marine stepped off and we all rose to go about our too often taken for granted everyday freedoms......... I felt proud of them. I felt it an honor and
a privilege to be among the first to welcome them home and say Thank You for a job well done.
I vowed that I will never forget that flight nor the lesson learned. I can't say it enough, THANK YOU to those Veterans and active servicemen and women who may read this and a prayer
for those who cannot because they are no longer with us.

GOD BLESS AMERICA! WELCOME HOME! AND THANKS FOR A JOB WELL DONE !!!!!

If you have nothing nice to say about this, dont post. Do not post about your anti Iraqi war bulls*** here, its not the thread. This is for the servicemen, and women, who have served, still serve, or especially, have fallen, to protect YOUR freedoms. This includes Canada, France, And most of Europe. I will make your life hell, as Razor what rangers do when pissed off. (upyours)

PSS, the title is just related to the story, not towards civilians in general. do not take offence. :D

Bravo! Bra - f'n -vo! About time someone put up something to this effect! While I'd like to put avoid violence, it and tryranny exist...it ain't a perfect world. I'm proud and thankful to those people that are willing to protect our rights and freedoms...from anyone! God (allah, buddha, Ganesh, whatever!) bless all of you!

nice story boost!

ManWC.jpg

Nice... makes me proud that there are still people that support their own country not matter what...

P.S. The picture of a man in a wheelchair, sad but very very true.

I alomost joined the army. I've always had the urge to serve and protect what I believe in. Unfortunatly there are things that make it so I can't do that, atleast not without great loss.

I have friends in the service and relatives who have been there. It really is an honorable thing. When it comes down to it none of the polotics matter. Soldiers are there to protect are freedoms at all costs. I respect that and I'm proud to support them everyday.

Hoorah!

That is so true, and I thank my stars for the men and women that keep us safe. I enlisted with the Marines but because of some medical conditions I have I couldnt serve, which I have always wanted too.

About the guy in the wheelchair, that is so true and sadly it doesn't surprise me to see something like that.

If you want to really see something moving, go to the veitnam memorial, the first time I was there was the first time in my life I had seen grown men cry. Its really sad..

I find myself having some sort of connection with people that served. When I walk down the street, or in a mall, I can tell who is, or was, in the military. Alot of the guys I know, can do the same thing.

Its funny, but you cant tell who plays football, baseball, ect ect, but, once you served your country, you can tell someone else who has, jsut by looking at them.

DAMN RIGHT.

I served four years in the Corps. had an easy four years also. I unfortanetly got out. When we went to Iraq, i felt a few things, one of those things was guilt. Those were my Marine Corps family out there. my brothers and sisters. I should have been out there with them instead of my cushy career I had at the finance center in Kansas City, but my wife didnt want me to go.

all the services joke around about who is best service. Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps. But we all know, that we all serve a purpose. and Aslong as you did your time in the service, you earned my repsect. And for anybody that was in Iraq, I'm sorry I couldnt have been there with you.

OOH RAH.
Cpl Lance Nelson USMC

(all the services joke around about who is best service. Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps. ) HMMMMMM no one ever says coastguard, why is that???????we are military. we were in iraq, we protect the high seas, i dunno. im feeling left out here guys. :)

p03 ben waterbury USCG!!!!!

THEGOLDPRO said:
(all the services joke around about who is best service. Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps. ) HMMMMMM no one ever says coastguard, why is that???????we are military. we were in iraq, we protect the high seas, i dunno. im feeling left out here guys. :)

p03 ben waterbury USCG!!!!!

Because the Coast Guard is full of pansies... :p

:D

hehe

Hooah!

freekwonder said:
DAMN RIGHT.

I served four years in the Corps. had an easy four years also. I unfortanetly got out. When we went to Iraq, i felt a few things, one of those things was guilt. Those were my Marine Corps family out there. my brothers and sisters. I should have been out there with them instead of my cushy career I had at the finance center in Kansas City, but my wife didnt want me to go.

all the services joke around about who is best service. Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps. But we all know, that we all serve a purpose. and Aslong as you did your time in the service, you earned my repsect. And for anybody that was in Iraq, I'm sorry I couldnt have been there with you.

OOH RAH.
Cpl Lance Nelson USMC

That's exactly how I felt. I actually lost a friend who was one of the first casualties of the War.

Sgt. Eric Lee USMC
Semper Fidelis

Uh Oh

Everything you have said in this post is awesome. With the exception of the Italisized Bold section. It appears that a couple of Anti-Iraq War toes were stepped on when that part of the original post was read. Although I believe that we should honor those brave soldiers that fought in the war. We can't forget that freedom of speech is one of our rights. Thus, telling someone to keep their bulls*** comments out of the thread may have been a little out of line. Good story none the less.

Re: Uh Oh

APEXistud said:
Everything you have said in this post is awesome. With the exception of the Italisized Bold section. It appears that a couple of Anti-Iraq War toes were stepped on when that part of the original post was read. Although I believe that we should honor those brave soldiers that fought in the war. We can't forget that freedom of speech is one of our rights. Thus, telling someone to keep their bulls*** comments out of the thread may have been a little out of line. Good story none the less.

Right on!

And, **** this tough guy bulls***: "I will make your life hell, as Razor what rangers do when pissed off."

Back