Last listened to doesn't return after turning off, turning back on. GRRRRRRR

JTEN98

:
2012 CX-9 GT FWD
2012 GT, Bose, No Nav - "Display Radio".

If I am listening to BT or iPod (integrated) then turn the car off, return later for another trip, when starting the car again, the audio starts with FM or CD or "searching for BT", really anything but what I was actually listening to when I turned it off. GRRRR

So here's the bottom line. If I turned the car off while listening to iPod, then when I turn the car back on it should start playing where I last left off. Not just album and song, but actual device/input.

If I last left the car listening to BT audio, then darn well the audio should come back on syncing and playing BT audio etc. etc.

DRIVING ME NUTS!

Love my car, but Mazda, you're killing me with this quirkiness.

Is there a firmware upgrade available??

Any help you all can provide is much appreciated.

No issues with mine 11 GT w/ nav. Not sure if that makes a difference though. BT picks up right where I left off.

Not fixed in our 2013 at least the last song issue with USB. My wife uses a USB stick, and every time the car is off the system starts with the first song in alphabetical order! Very aggravating, and the system automatically plays in simple alphabetical order, you can shuffle but that does not really work right either. Or go by album, then it simply plays album through, but if you stop and start again, goes back to song no. 1 in the whole library. There is a long thread on this in the CX5 forum, same issue and I assume same basic head unit. Note that this is with the USB stick or ipod plugged in, may be different with blue tooth (we are having blue tooth issues with the CX9 not downloading the phonebook but that will be a different thread eventually)

Works with my 2012 GT w/ nav. iPhone to play music via bluetooth...turn off car. When I turn it on again, it picks up at the exact point of the song that I was listening to before I turned off the car.

This problem is still not fixed with the 2014 either... at least not the USB/iPod side. One of a few REALLY annoying quirks with this car that I otherwise love.

This problem is still not fixed with the 2014 either... at least not the USB/iPod side. One of a few REALLY annoying quirks with this car that I otherwise love.

There's a thread on the CX-5 forum about the 2014 models - same head unit I believe. My 2010 CX-9's system was quirky, but this is just broken.

Latest posts

Back