Lara's 2007 Black Mica Mazdaspeed6 GT

Hey, you upgraded! Welcome to the 6 forum.

You should have stuck with white, but I'm sure we'll forgive you. Car looks nice and clean. How do you like it compared to the MS3?

Thanks, I love it! I was looking for white, but couldn't find a clean one or one without 90,000+ miles on it. The black will do! :)

I prefer it over the MS3, actually.

So I spent over 8 hours detailing the MS6. Claybar, polish and a good sealant. She looks so perty. =)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

very nice, i bought all my detailing products but havent gotten around to detailing it yet. the weather has been horrible.

Well, I decided I couldn't wait until next year to lower. I have a set of H&R Sport Springs in the mail to tide me over until I can afford coilovers next year. =)

I also picked up a red of red OEM tails to replace the stockers. Pictures to come after I get it lowered. :)

So this weekend I picked up a set of Nokya Arctic White 7000k halogen bulbs for my fog lights and installed them. I also did the independent fog light mod and installed a sharkfin antenna.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Next weekend: H&R Sport Springs =)

is there a DIY for the independent fogs? the white bulbs look really good, ive been meaning to get a set but been to lazy.

Got the H&Rs fully installed this morning. LOVING them.

Here are a few quick shots:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

with your H&R springs, did you leave in the stock shocks or did you have or get aftermarket shock? How is the ride? I am considering them but don't want to destroy the OEM shocks. Is the ride stiffer? what kind of drop did you experiance?

Hey, with the H&R Springs I left my stock shocks in. I know it will be to the detriment of their longterm reliability, but with over 65,000 miles on them I figured they would most likely need to be replaced within the next year or two anyways. By then, I'll have enough saved up to just purchase a set of coilovers as a full replacement. The ride is good; stiffer than stock without compromising too much comfort. My only warning is that the H&Rs settle.. a lot. For the first few days after dropping the car I had zero problems leaving my driveway, but now that the springs have settled my exhaust scrapes everytime I leave the driveway. The drop is phenomenal though, so I won't complain. :)

I don't have exact numbers for the drop, unfortunately.. but IMO the drop is perfect. It is not too high to make me wish it was lower and yet it is not too low to sacrifice driveability (save for the light scraping leaving my house).

Thanks, When you change out to the coilovers, would you be interested in selling the springs to me? I would like to save a couple bucks on it. Plus from seeing your car I can't imagine you doing anything stupid to such a beautiful ride! save the name and contact me when you are ready. Its on a list but not at the top. thanks.

Hey, not a problem..I just want to warn you that it will be at least a year. :)

Back