La Auto Show

RHAGEL

Contributor
:
06' 3 Touring
I got a chance to hit up the LA Auto Show this weekend and it was pretty good. The Mazdaspeed 6 is very nice. The interior is night and day better than the current 6. The dark gray (instead of silver) and the ability to easily add an aftermarket stereo are the interior highlights. The exterior is very mature looking with no racer look. Big fat dual tail pipes and the new hood look very nice on this car. The wheels are just as ugly as they look in the pictures and despite the 18 size, they look too small. They need a lip and more of an offset so they look aggresive. Mazda claims 0-60 in 6.4 which the sales person says that this will be the printed figure for this car. (I believe they started with 6.6 sec). The new sp23 is also looking good. They opalized wheels are subtle but look classy and the new color is a nice metallic charcoal gray. The brown leather looks suprisingly nice considering the pictures didnt look so hot. And of coarse the bose stereo, but you couldn't listen to it. The RX-8 also has a special edition (forgot what it was called) which has a beautiful metallic cherry paint and a parchment color interior. Other that that Mazda was looking good. Even Galpin Ford (largest volume dealer in the world) has a nitrous lime green 3 hatchback that claimed 236 hp. As far as other cars go, the new Jetta is pretty nice. I was skeptical but in person it was not bad at all. Especially a silver one they had that had 18" wheels, body kit, lowered sport suspension, spoiler and clear tail lenses. With a tiptronic automatic was priced at $22,000. My favorite car that was there had to be the new Mercedes CLS 55 AMG, that is one sexy mutha f**ka. Anyway please other people add more on, because I am tired of typing.

I almost forgot one car, Ferrari has a ned roadster called a SuperAmerica which is a 2 seater roadster that has a sort of F355/ 50's ish look to it. It also has a electro somethinorother roof that goes from transparent to opaque by using electricity to change the molecular structure of the glass. Very similar to the Maybach.

Back