Mazda5 Key fob question

I never received a key fob from the used dealer I bought my Mazda 5 from. I was curious if all came with remote lock and unlock fobs. As my 5 only has the one key hole.

Are you talking about your Mazda having only 1 key (ordinary key, no remote?) or only 1 keyhole (engine start only)?

My 2008 Mazda had a lock on the glove compartment and used the same key. 2014 Mazda5 I have doesn't have a lock on the glove compartment. This could be because of a trim difference, as it also lacks a glove compartment light.

Or is your question related to getting more keys cut/programmed, or getting a key with remote cut, programmed and the remote getting programmed?

If you had 2 original keys, there's a procedure to follow to program a 3rd key.

With only 1, you need an OBD2 Adapter & FORSCAN to program the chipped keys in the antitheft system.

You can purchase used Mazda 5 keys from a scrapyard and the remote part can be programmed for the doors, plus I also discovered the chip be reused too instead of the generic cloned one from an ebay/amazon/aliexpress key.

I was able to program my 3rd key & remote using info from this site:

If you had 2 original keys, there's a procedure to follow to program a 3rd key.

With only 1, you need an OBD2 Adapter & FORSCAN to program the chipped keys in the antitheft system.

You can purchase used Mazda 5 keys from a scrapyard and the remote part can be programmed for the doors, plus I also discovered the chip be reused too instead of the generic cloned one from an ebay/amazon/aliexpress key.

I was able to program my 3rd key & remote using info from this site:
Nice find and great article! This needs to be to downloaded and put in the forum resources.

Back