Key, flip key part #'s compiled

TGM3 said:
Got my flip key/remote combo today... works perfectly after programming using instructions supplied thru another forum.... I will post the instructions here to make it easier for anyone purchasing the flip key combo for their Mazda3...

thanks TGM3. I copied those directions into the OP. :)

key4ww5.jpg

Mikey444 said:
Any way I can get a switchblade key and remote to work with my 2004 RX-8?

Contact Jason at www.onlinemazdaparts.com and he should be able to take care of you. I know there is a flip key/remote for the RX-8, so it should just be a matter of ordering the right part number. ;)

icspots said:
Note: Currently there are NO flip key remotes that can be programmed with the US 2007 Mz3 computer

On http://www.trademotion.com/partloca...catalogid=4010&siteid=214264&categoryID=78787 they now list 2007 Mazda3 compatible flip key kits. But expensive and no photos; it would be nice to see what I was ordering.

EDIT: from reading another forum, I learned that the reason this kit costs more is that it includes the 2006 Mazda3 remote receiver module (or whatever the right term is) which you must install in place of the original 2007 module. I believe it's behind the map light. Now you can use 2006 remotes or flip keys. But the remotes that came with the car won't work any more. The chip keys are unaffected.

Last edited:
I just looked at the 07 parts catalog and it does list a different flip keyblank, part number is G28A-58-2GXA

Last edited:
Mazdaspeed 3 2007 Flip Key??

Is that the part number for the flip key on a mazdaspeed 3 2007???

TheMAN said:
I just looked at the 07 parts catalog and it does list a different flip keyblank, part number is G28A-58-2GXA

only one key

I just bought a 2006 Mazda 3 s touring used and ordered a flip style key from Jason. What if I don't have the 2nd key or remote? Can I still program the new key and remote?

I just bought a 2006 Mazda 3 s touring used and ordered a flip style key from Jason. What if I don't have the 2nd key or remote? Can I still program the new key and remote?
You can program the remote, but not the key. It takes two known keys to program a third, at least the easy way. Otherwise you have to get the dealer to do it :(.

Like was said you can program the remote yourself but the dealer will need to program the key for you since you have fewer than two working keys. The rates will vary from dealer to dealer (from acceptable to incredibly outrageous) so check around.... really it should only take them 5-10 minutes. Also if you're adding your second key go ahead and get a third regular key (~$18) and program it in so that incase you lose a key later you can just program in a new one yourself. Did that make sense?

It is not possible to use the flip key with the Speed3.

Was that a question or a statement? Currently there are no flip keys that can be programmed for '07+ models, which includes all MS3's.

It's a statement. The flip keys do not have immobilizer chips, which is a shame.

My flip key has an immobilizer chip in it. There are flip keys that do not have chips, just like there are regular keys which don't have chips as some countries don't use the immobilizer.

The problem in programming flip keys for '07+ (including MS3's) models is with the remote portion, not the key portion. You can actually program the key to start the car just fine, however in '07 the US KEU was changed and there aren't any flip remotes that work with that KEU.

Then WHY in the 1st Post is he listing 07 Mazdaspeed 3 as a viable option?

False Info, Ignorance, Gullibility, or I just can't read...

perhaps the key will work, but the Remote doesn't??? Doesn't sound like something worth selling, if that's the case.

Okay, thanks for clarifying.

No problem, happy to help.

Vindikacione said:
Then WHY in the 1st Post is he listing 07 Mazdaspeed 3 as a viable option?

False Info, Ignorance, Gullibility, or I just can't read...

perhaps the key will work, but the Remote doesn't??? Doesn't sound like something worth selling, if that's the case.

The reason that was listed in the OP was that at the time it was released it was believed that that remote would work. Later we found information about the different KEU, and we thought that installing the Canadian KEU would make the key work. That didn't work either. My original key/flip key thread is on another mazda forum and that's the one I mainly keep updated..... I just never got around to updating this one. Plus as soon as I made it it became buried in the How To section. Was the info. incorrect? Yes? Was I willfully trying to mislead you? No. In any case it's been updated now.

To answer your last question, yes the key will program but the remote will not. It's not that the item is not worth selling as it works just fine for it's intended model, however it wasn't designed to be used with the 3. Also I'm not selling the keys/remotes, I just put up the information that Jason at www.onlinemazdaparts.com discovered for us.

redspeed said:
I thought the ms6 comes with a flip key? If it does, can we use that one?

IIRC the MS6 comes with a smart card key, not a flip key.
440A224AE37F4E8B98AFFDC85F4C2D5E.jpg

Back