Ken Block Monster-esque P5

Matt V

:
2002 Mazda Protege5
Anyone remember that guy who built the Ken Block wannabe P5? If so, I was trying to find pictures but couldnt find them. Anyone have them saved?

Good times good times.. after some internet sloothing i found it.. also found your comment about it matt

Here it is...like it or hate it.

IMG_0192.jpg

IMG_0193.jpg

IMG_0196.jpg

IMG_0197.jpg

forumprotege.jpg

I've gotta be honest, it looks better in actuality then in your mockup pictures. Still a little too flashy for me but the approach seems like you put some hard work in.

Awesome, thanks!

In my defense, his Photoshop looked horrible. This doesn't mean his car looked good, it was just better than his mockup.

I remember seeing the mock-ups, but never saw the finished result, until now. It actually doesn't look that bad, although, I think I would look better w/o the LEDs in the headlights, and maybe some MattV specials with a FULL headlight black-out.

I do not know why but I like the black between the fogs....

With a good retro in the headlights and the right hood it would look almost sti-ish.

I don't hate it. The DC esque zoom-zoom graphic looks pretty cool actually.

Ken should rally a Mazda2 instead of the Fiesta.

The black between the fogs does actually look nice. The car has some nice things about it. I think he needs my fully blacked out headlights.

i wish i never saw this...
I've been starring at this picture for 4 hours just crying.

i can't even look at my own P5 now hahaha

Wow that looks better than I thought it would. Not really a fan of the headlight leds, but I think this car needs mudflaps.

I like this better than the old Troy Lee Designs scheme somebody did from that poster.............

I don't think it looks all that bad honestly. The killer for me is the LEDs in the headlights. The only thing that would really kill it in my eyes if it was a stock auto! Hopefully it has a few upgrades to support the look. I bet the setup was more of a showcar look anyways.

what he did is cool but its not for me. i mean there is a lot of amazing things done here. the white fade with the zoom-zoom lettering is just insane. the black around the fogs is also pretty cool. i like the wheels but thats where it ends for the most part. i do think it would look a lot better with a good drop, mud flaps, DG grille w/mesh painted black, and fog light covers (the yellow fogs stick out a bit much).

after looking at the sti it is pretty damn close to what ken had. comparing the two, a drop is a huge factor in it looking much better in my eyes. also i like the sti more because it is much more over the top...if that is even possible (i am a fan of the rally car look). so basically i would prolly love this p5 if he went balls out and made it road going rally car. hes got the hard part done (the paint must have cost a lot) now he just needs a few more things and its there.

Back