Kartboy Shifter???

OrngSpd03

:
2003 MazdaSpeed, Spicy Orange
I looking to upgrade my MSP short Shifter to the Kartboy Shifter /w Bushings and the Corksport Bronzoil Linkage Bushings. Does anyone have this setup? What do you think? Does the Kartboy have any noticable difference I know alot of you have it

Im trying to keep my cost under $150 and it looks like I can going through Corksport.

Your Thoughts Please!

OrngSpd03 said:
I looking to upgrade my MSP short Shifter to the Kartboy Shifter /w Bushings and the Corksport Bronzoil Linkage Bushings. Does anyone have this setup? What do you think? Does the Kartboy have any noticable difference I know alot of you have it

Im trying to keep my cost under $150 and it looks like I can going through Corksport.

Your Thoughts Please!
Im working on getting this setup soon. I know just the two bushings and tranny fluid make a big difference in shifting. Feels alot tighter and precise. I think the Kartboy shifter only drops the height about an inch on the msp.

I have this setup and I like it alot. Definitely tightens up the shift pattern and provides for more secure shifting. I think that it reduces the throw by like 20-30%, I forget the actual number. There are other shifters that reduce the throw more, I think that TWM is one of them. A friend of mine has same setup, but with the TWM SS. The TWM comes with bearings in the bottom to replace the bushings, so he only used the two front bronzeoils. He seems to really like his setup also. Great mod for under 150!

I have the kertboy byshings, bronzeoil, redline mt90 gear oil. I also recently got Kartboy SS, but have not yet installed it. With what I have so far, the shifting is pretty precise, but I still have a hell of a time getting into 2nd sometimes(it's always been this way for my car). Not sure if the kartboy shifter will help with this or not. I think my shifter fork is just completely screwed or something.

SS is one of the best mods u can do.

if u do SS, tranny fluid, bushings, and bronzoil bushings it will feel like u're driving a different car.

Dr.Sound said:
SS is one of the best mods u can do.

if u do SS, tranny fluid, bushings, and bronzoil bushings it will feel like u're driving a different car.

Thanks Peoples, Ill be ordering as soon as the taxes come back. Where do I get Redline for a good price I cant find it locally?

or u can use GM Synchromesh......of [size=-1]Pennzoil Synchromesh
penzoil one can be found at any Autozone or kraigen.

works just as well.

best tranny fluid would be LE (lubrication engeneers)
it's the BEST.
[/size]

Dr.Sound said:
or u can use GM Synchromesh......of [size=-1]Pennzoil Synchromesh
penzoil one can be found at any Autozone or kraigen.

works just as well.

best tranny fluid would be LE (lubrication engeneers)
it's the BEST.
[/size]

Thanks Dr. Sound. What about Castrol Synthetic Tranny Fluid? Ill look into the others. Thanks Again.

MSP over the 3 any day. But I do like my Wife's 3. Untill they come out with a speed3 im gonna say keep the MSP

Last edited:
^ lol
u mean keep the MSP, right? :D
plus u posted in the wrong thread ....LMAO ;)

Dr.Sound said:
^ lol
u mean keep the MSP, right? :D
plus u posted in the wrong thread ....LMAO ;)

I know. i did mean MSP. And I Just fiqured you would read it here.

I was asking about the Castrol Tranny Fluid. Oh well. (uhm)

i mean anything synthetic is fine, and will be better than stock.
LE is just the best synthetic tranny fluid i've seen.
i've actually seen it work against Redline, and it kicked Redline's ass.

actually LE and motul are both great.

Motul synthetic motor oil has like 18,000 miles guarantee.

I am running:
Kartboy SS, Kartboy bushings, Corksport bronze oil bushings, GM Synchromesh..... I also have the a custom shift boot and karyboy knob..

I would have to say that it is great. The shifting feels so much better all around...

Back