Kamui157's Sport Build

@ OP - Lowered the pressure to 40 psi? What do you run normally?

I've been reading alot online that I should run higher pressures for aftermarket wheels. DTD shipped it out with 50PSI (max tires will take). I ran that for 2 days to test and didn't like it. I dropped it down to 40 hot that day. If I didn't, I probably would've popped a tire on that pot hole. Luckily the bend is only on the lip and not the rim. I'll see if I can heat up and hammer it back in. A new replacement wheel is only $120 shipped, basically the cost of fixing at a place nearby.

Profile picture, dirty as sh*t though.

20130711_195503.jpg

Yeah that lip kit is nice.

DTD and even Tire Rack just air them up until the bead pops onto the bead-seat and ship it as is. They leave it up to the customer to adjust the PSI. I guess 40 isn't too bad on a softer sidewall like those Hankooks.

WHOOT! THANKS LEE!

20130905_200052.jpg

Unfortuntely they wont be on for about 2 weeks. Gonna take the 2 into Mazda for an oc, steering rack and passenger speaker inspection first.

So close to finishing my image of a "Mazda 2 SuperSport"

Last edited:
Alright!! (cabpatch) Glad to see they made it there in the same shape the left here :) I hope you enjoy them - Keep us updated!

Also, re: the steering rack. Did you already talk to your dealer about it? What did they say?

So Im under the car today and what did I see? After 2 oil changes at the dealership, the SAME oil filter is on there! Theres gonna be some complaining...

So steering clunk is fixed, details are in the steering clunk thread.

Racing beats are on! Drop is laughable! I have a tip for the rear. Jack the whole rear end up, put on jack stand and leave the wheels on. When you take the shock bolt off each side, the cross bar just lowers down with the wheel weight to help. Barely needed to compress the spring. Just jack the cross bar back up for reassemble and preload.

20130922_181958-1.jpg

Thanks Lee! You were spot on about the ride comfort of the racing beats. No ricer bounce, less body roll and barely notice increased stiffness from bad roads. I'm definitely a fan.

Once my DVR Dashcam mirror comes in, I'm done with the car. It was pretty fun modding this little thing. All in even with the mods, this car was less than the cheapest Mazda 3 and interesting to boot.

Winter hasn't been good to the car.

Typical South Philadelphia
lrg_1394065260474_8789662895_23dbca68

3/4 Wheels are bent up due to the road conditions after the snowpoclypse.
20140417_190444.jpg

20140417_190510.jpg

Bought a deadblow hammer and knocked them all back in lol.
20140417_191349.jpg

TIP: Don't buy DRAG wheels.

Also my front end was making crazy noise after winter was over. I could've sworn it was another factory problem but after swapping my stock springs back in, it all went away. I must've messed up the install.

Solved. During initial install I must've not tightened the top hat screw enough and it got loose during the winter. After getting the right tools (not just gripping the center shaft and tightening, got the springs back on and no more noise.

Last edited:
Got back from a 2000 mile roadtrip down to the Tail of the Dragon. Only averaged about 33mpg at 75+mph and spirited driving at the dragon.

P1010028.JPG

457483.jpg

1748715-129Slayer.jpg

457485.jpg

457484.jpg

Aerodynamic as a wall
20140428_181959.jpg

Back