Just Ordered Yokohama Parada Spec-X

I just ordered Yokohama Parada Spec-X from TireRack.com (see info below). I hope these tires are as good as everyone says.

I wanted to purchase them locally (STS Tire, ETD, ETC) but they wanted too much for the tire. STS wanted 202+mounting, etc.

I called my Local Mazda dealer, they would sell me the tire, but they would not offer Road Hazard. So I will purchase it from Tirerack w/road hazard and have them mount the tires for me. They are going to charge me $25 to mount and balance the tire. No charge for tire disposal. I will have them do a wheel alignment and oil change while I am there. I want the road hazard with experiences with my wife (within a week she had 2 flat tires, and a total of 4+ flats). Luckly I haven't had any with my CX9, but with the weather comming, potholes, etc. I rather be safe then sorry.

4 245/50R-20 Yokohama Parada Spec-X Estimated 10/02/10 $164.00 $656.00
4 Road Hazard Protection In Stock $19.68 $78.72
Shipping: $58.12
Tax: $.00
Excise Tax: $.00
State Waste Tire Fund Fee: $.00
Order Total Including Shipping: $792.84

$25 mount and balance seems high.
If you trust the "Walmart" guys, they can do it for much less ($15?).
I have no complaints of their works on mine.

I just ordered a set of the Parada’s today. I decided to use Town Fair Tire. I priced everything out through Tire Rack and realized it wasn’t any cheaper once I added the shipping costs and mount/balancing. Town fair’s price also included the Tpms rebuild, four wheel alignment and free tire rotation.

Note that tirerack,com is tax-free (technically, you need to report tax on your IRS form ....).
In CA where I live, our tax rate is 9.75%!!! Ouch!

weird, i have tried for the past couple weeks to get the paradas and was told they are on national backorder. I am getting a set of the avid envigorators installed tomorrow.

For Parada Spec-X, due to its popularity, the availability has been on and off.
In my case, they said it is on back order until xxx, however, mine was shipped within a week.
It was a surprise to me at that time.
Also, the availability is also warehouse dependent.
If your nearest warehouse does not have it in stock, you will have to pay more for shipping.

Installed..

I finally got the tires installed this weekend. The guy at the counter charged me $15 per tire instead of $25 (by mistake). I also had the wheel alignment, and oil change done. I honestly don't notice the difference between the pradas and the OEM tires. At least the Pradas have (hopefully) last longer....

On dry pavement you won't notice the difference. At least not me.
On wet and snow, that is where the Parada Spec-X shines.

I think they are.
Any tires with big tread blocks are usually noisier.
Tire makers design tread blocks of various sizes to spread and cancel out noise frequencies.
Big tread blocks provide better dry pavement performance given the same compound/material.

Back