Just Ordered My Cp-e Intake!!!!!

Stock AF ratio is 9.7:1 @6500 rpm (blarf)

CP-E moves the AF to nicer 12.5:1 to 13.5:1 depending on rpm range. It also richens the fuel mixture earlier in the rpm range (around 3000 rpm vs the stock 4500). Its not a "blackbox chip" ...nothing like you see on ebay. Its a complicated circuit system which primary function corrects the MAF signal allowing you to run non stock specification piping (which normally throws a cel on all mazda6's), while maintaining a proper 14.7:1 ratio in closed fuel loop modes. (Openloop in 85% Throttle Position or 4500 rpm+)

I think your confusing this system with those 20 dollar IAT chips on ebay =/. Those just generally adjust the overall curve (generally richen the A/F mixture) and throw all manner of check engine lights. The CP-E

a) Corrects the MAF signal in closed loop modes, preventing the fuel trim from going lean at idle or in closed loop, preventing P0171 and P0174 Cel's, as well as preventing the injen intake pings.

b) Adjusts the A/F ratio (richens earlier and leans later) from the horribly sick sub 10:1 ratio, to a more normal power making 13:1...this also stops the fuel dilution issues, excessive carboning, and the cat's from being doused in gas.

As I said earlier, CP-E is looking for MSP's to possibly work on a system. If you know anyone interested in prototyping, send the contact info to them.

Here's a FAQ on how the system works.
http://forum.mazda6tech.com/about1009.html

The dyno's are by club members, not some random manufacturer test. You actually pm the vehicles dyno'd if you want. The first injen/cpe dyno was performed by myself. (I ran the dyno, and did the logging). The second was 5sdoors on 6tech/6club.

How do you like the AEM EMS? We've had so much trouble with it on the 3000GT...damn AEM keeps saying its not their fault, then secretly changing settings in the revisions :(. Around 400 AWHP now on pump gas though :).

Last edited:
Theres no way stock A/F is 9.7:1. Maybe thats your engines compression dude....

you say this black box prevents P0171 and P0174. Do you normally get System too Lean (0171) or system too rich (0174) on the stock intake?

Also, I'd like to know how CP-E is making precise RPM specific map adjustments

:)

Last edited:
Sigh. To think a whole slew of url's with dyno's and A/F curves, and you just ignore them.

Fine.

Here's an example showing a 10:1...why isn't it showing less then that? Cause 10:1's as low as it goes. I understand you don't own a 6, and thus don't care to read through pages of information, but please don't sit there and tell people their wrong because you aren't willing to take the time to inform yourself.

287818_8_full.jpg

Note that its already at 10:1 before it even redlines :(

Here's example two. You can see it trending down towards 10 even prior to the car's max rpm. Unfortuantly this individual didn't dyno till redline to show a solid 10:1 reading. I am using this one only as an additional example as further verification. This is also a modified 6, with injen and headers (which lean out the A/F somewhat)

af1.jpg

Here's injen's A/F readings from their intake. (Which leans out the A/F ratio to make power)
@ 2500 rpm: 14.8
@ 3000 rpm: 12.8
@ 3500 rpm: 12.5
@ 4000 rpm: 11.9
@ 4500 rpm: 11.5
@ 5000 rpm: 11.0
@ 5500 rpm: 10.6
@ 6000 rpm: 10.2
@ 6200 rpm: 10.2

Thats a LEANER then stock A/F ratio. This intake also throws a P0171 and P0174 Code. Once again they stop right before the top rpm while the A/F is still trending downward.

I was wrong about the 9.7:1, its actually 9.5:1. I've emailed the guy to get a copy so I can post it, which I'll do later. Regardless, even the modified dyno A/F curves are all around the 10:1 range, which is absolutely absymall.

These engines are running extremely rich, and its been documented in multiple dynos. This is also why the CP-E gives such great gains. Your taking a fuel soaked engine and bumping it back into the power range.

There have been documented cases of a P0171 with a drop in filter with the stock intake. But on completely stock intake's, no, no P0171 or P0174. These tend to only occur when the maf is placed in a non stock diameter pipe.

Yes CP-E has the option for a programable map via rpm, as per their website url which I gave earlier.

http://www.cp-e.com

And also its mentioned in the faq, with additional reference urls.

Last edited:
ok, i misunderstood you :)
actually a family member owns a 6... i didnt realize it ran that rich under full load. thats terrible.

If you actually hook up a scanner to the car while it's running, you can see the car completely give up on any attempt at fuel saving past 4500 rpm.

This thread has actually convinced me that I want the CPE setup. Greg is never going to let me hear the end of it...

Back