Just Installed

babz437

:
Mazda Speed6
I just installed my CPE DP, SU motor mount, and TWM SS stage 2 with bushings and i must say i love them all.

I absolutely love the sound that i got with the dp and the added pull. Install was pretty simple besides getting the stock dp out. but even then pretty good. total install time was roughly 2.5 hrs. installed motor mount while i had it apart, also a great addition to the car.

short throw shifter is awesome. absolutely love it and cant wait to get a new boot for it without all the extra leather. total installation time for that was about 45 mins. so all in all roughly 4 hrs of install for a lifetimes worth of memories. (cheers)

Sounds like some good mods man. Now some pics dude. Every time i hear about TWM ss its always something positive. I might need to get one.

Sounds like some good mods man. Now some pics dude. Every time i hear about TWM ss its always something positive. I might need to get one.

i recommend it. the shifts are much nicer after its done. kinda takes some getting used to when you do the stage two since its so much shorter but awesome mod. ill post some pics tomorrow of the final product.

had to pry the engine over a bit more than it would drop. after some prying and twisting of the dp finally came out.. new one slid right in.

Ok thanks... btw what prying points did you use to move the engine around and did you have any help?

Ok thanks... btw what prying points did you use to move the engine around and did you have any help?

i used a pry bar against where the front engine mount is and pryed against the strut tower cover. me and my dad did it.

Last edited:
here are some pics from the install.

Attachments

• 100_0893.JPG
    100_0893.JPG
    778.5 KB · Views: 209
  • 100_0894.JPG
    100_0894.JPG
    565.5 KB · Views: 212
  • 100_0895.JPG
    100_0895.JPG
    696 KB · Views: 210
i figured i ask over here since the other is mainly for appearance and this is for the mods. when you pryed the motor you say front engine mount but do you actually mean side engine mount on passenger side? can you take a picture of where you are talking about.

i figured i ask over here since the other is mainly for appearance and this is for the mods. when you pryed the motor you say front engine mount but do you actually mean side engine mount on passenger side? can you take a picture of where you are talking about.

yeah it was the side engine mount. we pryed between there and the oil tank. i can get pics tomorrow.

Stuff

Any special tools?
TWM over Mazda shifter?
2.5" Magna Flow vs. ETS...
Please tell me what factors made the decisions...
Very envious...

Only the Best to You

gary

Any special tools?
TWM over Mazda shifter?
2.5" Magna Flow vs. ETS...
Please tell me what factors made the decisions...
Very envious...

Only the Best to You

gary

the only special tool that we use was the o2 socket. made getting the o2 sensor out very easy.

I went with the TWM over the Mazda because of price pretty much. I hadnt heard anything about the mazda shifter either, and i had only heard great things about the twm.

The magnaflow exhaust was on the car already so that decision was made for me. lol. if i would do it myself i would probably go with a 3in. exhaust, but i do love the sound of my magnaflow especially with the dp. sounds real tough.

pretty much all of these decisions are personal preference, but i love the TWM shifter. it is a beautiful thing.

Back