Jiffy Lube - Blew my motor?

(iagree)that's funny.....

hell yeah take that check and talk to ken

well the problem is, is my car is under warrenty for 3 more years... so if its not a certified mazda motor / parts i dont think they will take care of it if i goof something up......... (huh)

well the problem is, is my car is under warrenty for 3 more years... so if its not a certified mazda motor / parts i dont think they will take care of it if i goof something up......... (huh)

well in that case.....take the check and go to another shop and have them install a new motor....the dealer ship does NOT have to do the install for the warrenty....as long as it's documented you're in the clear....if they say differently they are full of poo....

then take the rest and set aside for mods lata in life...WOOT

an extended warranty? if so you may be able to sell whatever is left on it so you have the cash from that and a good engine.

well in that case.....take the check and go to another shop and have them install a new motor....the dealer ship does NOT have to do the install for the warrenty....as long as it's documented you're in the clear....if they say differently they are full of poo....

then take the rest and set aside for mods lata in life...WOOT
i have to assume it's an extended warranty as the mazda warranty for a 2003 protege ended presumably in 2006. 3 year/36k. if so he's at the mercy of whatever terms are in that aftermarket contract. it could say "all repairs must be completed by joe bob's shop" and he'd have to comply

i dont know what you guys are suggesting? taking the check? the way it works around here is i have a shop do the work, and they directly bill "jiffy lube" or whoever... they dont pay me the estimated costs.. if they did i would have them cut me the check and drive the car into the river after i put my new "motor" in......

and yes, its an extended warrenty.. i can have anyone work on it. the problem is, is the mazda dealership is actaully a really good place around here.. a lot of people who dont even have mazdas have them work on their cars.

can anyone tell me if oil filter part number PH5343 (fram) works for our cars?

this is the filter they initially put on, then the guy from jiffy came out and tried pulling the old switcheroo on me...

wow...that's impressive....

i've had issues where shops have screwed something up on my old car and i just went around to the most expensive shops(usually 3) for replacement quotes and would send them to the shop's ins co and they would cut me a check for the avg of the quotes

the way it works around here is i have a shop do the work, and they directly bill "jiffy lube" or whoever... they dont pay me the estimated costs..
that is one way to handle it. another approach you could take like any insurance claim (that's essentially what you're making) is to get estimates and they literally cut you a check. you're then responsible for getting it fixed yourself. there are pros and cons for each way. by saying "fix it and send the bill to jiffy lube" you make sure it's 100% fixed and don't have any hassle. if you go with the check route you're settling the claim when you receive your check so that's all the money you're going to get (at least without a hassle) even if it costs more to actually complete the fix. but if it costs less you pocket it.

i bet if you went to the manager of jiffy lube and said "the estimate to get my engine fixed is $7000. for $6500 i'll get it taken care of myself and never see you again" he'd take it.

These are the applications I get for that filter number:

DODGE COLT 1994
DODGE COLT 4X4 1994
DODGE COLT SE 1994
FORD PROBE (1993 - 1997)
FORD PROBE GT 1992
KIA SPORTAGE (1995 - 2002)
MAZDA 626 1991
MAZDA 626 DX (1993 - 1994)
MAZDA 626 GT 1991
MAZDA 626 LX (1993 - 1994)
MAZDA MX-6 (1992 - 1994)
MAZDA MX-6 GT (1991 - 1992)

Whether it will or will not work, I dunno. Sorry
Mike

reguardless if it will work or not FRAM = POO!

Glad that your in good spirits about the whole ordeal. Wish you the best dude

Thanks mad-mike... my dealer said no way that filter should have been used. it wont let enough oil pass through to run a turbo + motor... not sure if he is BSing me or not.. but that kind of sums it up.

LOL the owner of my friends shop owns a Jiffy Lube so I hear a lot about what goes on. Wouldn't be the first time someone drained the oil and forgot to fill it back up....

Well. no offence... But its a known thing to not take anything to a jiffy lube even for them to look at it. They will mess something up always.

yup... last time i went to jiffylube they broke my oil dipstick and gave me a $10 credit... that was over 3years ago and i haven't ever gone back... and my oil dipstick is still broken (missing the ring at the top)

yup... last time i went to jiffylube they broke my oil dipstick and gave me a $10 credit... that was over 3years ago and i haven't ever gone back... and my oil dipstick is still broken (missing the ring at the top)

HAHAHA, if it still has the rod thing... Just make a 8 ball top for it :)

well, met with jiffy reps and mazda dealer today... apparently the reference book telling jiffy what filter to use is actually wrong... so jiffy didnt do anything wrong...

funny thing is, is the manufacturer of the manual is owned by jiffy lube.. so either way its coming out of their pockets.. lol

they are paying for the bill

just be sure to make it clear that whatever litigation or whatever it takes from their side does not effect you getting your car back. if it's the local jiffy lube vs jiffy lube corporation you don't want to have to wait for them to settle things

Back