It's the final countdown: Bye Bye Izuzu

Kymerik

:
2003.5 Mazda Protege5
Isuzu says that it is officially ending new light vehicle sales in North America on January 31 as it attempts to clear out the last of its GM-derived pickups and SUVs. Isuzu had been selling rebadged versions of the Chevrolet Colorado (called the Isuzu i-series) and the Chevrolet Trailblazer (Isuzu Ascender), but the automaker managed to move just 7,098 vehicles in 2007 - and 2008 sales will be even lower when they are announced.

Isuzu has no plans to pull out of the commercial truck and diesel engine markets, where it has generally proven to be a strong industry force.

The automaker says it will continue to provide parts and service for current and future Isuzu pickup and SUV owners and that it will honor vehicle warranties.

How will they honor vehicle warranties with service centers are closed?

Isuzu owners are screwed then, LOL.

Sometime ago I read an article highlighting all the good/plus things for the Ascender, especially the fact that it is a rebadged Trailblazer, but the problem is not the money/value now, the problem is when something like this happens (ugh)

I am sure something will be worked out for warranty work.

If they were going out of business, it would be one thing...But they are not....Just changing direction and where they sell.

They may pay GM to do the warranty work on the vehicles for all we know.

Not handling warranties would look bad and not help their sales in any other global market.

Ah damn, where will I bring my VehiCross to be serviced now?

2502_0.jpg

That won't happen. Chevrolet dealers won't warranty any other GM brand so it will not do the same for Isuzu.

Since when? My father has his GMC's serviced at a Chevy dealer. They have always worked on it with no problem.

My first vehicle was a 1987 Isuzu Trooper II, Red 2-door with tan tweed interior. It was known in high school as "The Box." I got razzed big time for driving a foreign car but I didn't care. God, I loved that thing. Bought it with about 90K miles from a guy who recently moved from New Mexico to Michigan. Zero rust and only faded paint that I waxed and brought back to life. 4-cylinder with very little power and a 5-speed transmission but a large back seat and a HUGE cargo area that could hold my entire 5-piece drum kit.

Most reliable vehicle I have owned to date (hoping the 3 will be equal). I sold it with about 160K miles on it when I was in college to a guy in my home town. My parents still see that Trooper rolling around to this date. Must have 300K on it!

Back