Issues with my Mazda CX-5 2015

Hello guys
I have a Mazda CX 5 desiel 2015 model based in Kenya, Nairobi.

The car was working perfectly well with the speed and stability untill a time came that I started having issues. My car all of a sudden starts to jugg and the rpm drops down to 500-400 for like few seconds and comes back to normal. This happen like not everytime but happens when I wanna accelerate from low speed after the car ha stopped especially eg red traffic signal light. I was told by my technician that it might be contamination fuel however when the car is in a good speed I have to issues. A time came when the checklight came on, I retrieved the code and it was saying P009F:00-EC. It stated " FUEL PRESSURE RELIEF STUCK ON". i was adviced by the mechanic that I need to replace my sensor since it is faulty. I did replace and it worked fine for 2 days with all the speed and all but I have now started to get issues while STARTING UP the car. It doesn't happen all the time but it has happen once or twice a day ( rest of the starts are normal and quick). It can take upto 4-18 attempts to get a sucessful start. Once when the car is on I have no engine check light

I am attracting the video if how the start looks like .

Anybody with any clue???

Attachments

• VID-20220615-WA0006.mp4
    958.3 KB
Sorry to hear of your trouble with the car. I see you indicate that you changed your "sensor". Perhaps it's the fuel pressure control valve that has failed rather than the sensor?

I've attached a PDF manual of the fuel system for your reference.

Attachments

• MAZDA SKYACTIV-D Engine (EURO 6).pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 151
  • Capture+_2022-06-19-22-14-42.png
    Capture+_2022-06-19-22-14-42.png
    113.1 KB · Views: 147
Hello sir. You are right. I got it checked and it is fuel pressure valve which has gone. I wanted to know what is the price of a new one bcas in kenya it is very difficult to get one and if we get one it is a second hand one.

I'm in USA and the only 2.2 diesel we have here is the 2019. Perhaps our friends in UK or Oz such as @Anchorman , @speedbird1 or other places who have your 2015 model year in their country could reference a part #, source and/or price availability for your car.

Hello sir. I just wanted to confirm. A fuel pressure relief valve and a pressure regulator are 2 different things correct or are they the same. And confirm it is the one which sit on one of the side of the fuel rail/common rail while the other one is a sensor.

I have attached a pic

Thanx for the help

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-06-20-11-53-27-46_260528048de7f2f358f0056f785be619.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-06-20-11-53-27-46_260528048de7f2f358f0056f785be619.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 133
Hello @Mohamed, I would think pressure regulator and Pressure Relief Valve are the same thing. I only see one of those parts on the common rail diagram from the manual.

In your photo, it looks like the pressure sensor is on the left and the Pressure Relief Valve is on the right.

If you are having trouble sourcing a part, you could try taking it out and cleaning it. With your problem being intermittent, it may just be contaminated or dirty/gummed up.

I'm not a professional mechanic, just a thinking man :) . I'd try cleaning/soaking it.

Back